my personal wishlist for future versions

Started by zandadoum, July 11, 2015, 08:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zandadoum

just throwing this around:

1) game start randomizer: just select a planet, click a button and the game throws you out at a random place with random colonists. maybe even random storyteller and/or difficulty

2) taming: tame animals to make livestock possible and even train guard wargs

3) children: with current future tech in game, it should be possible to make clones or to have children and speed up their growing process somehow (maybe through special cryptosleep timespeed capsules)
this would be a very extensive system:
- allow shared bedrooms for couples, without the regulare negative effects, but positive effects. maybe couples could share one of the big beds
- if the relationship works (must be mentally compatible), a child is born and put into a special crypto capsule
- the kid will have mixed stats and traits, based on the parents (like 3DS game Fire Emblem for example)
- after X month or years, the kid comes out of the new special capsule as an late teen/young adult

4) floors with powerlines / air conditioning with remote extractor
IRL modern office buildings have the power and net lines going through the roof or floor. i'd like to be able to do the same so i don't have to build walls everywhere if i don't like to have wires lying around ZZZZzzzzing all the time

also: all modern air conditioners have 2 parts: the a/c itself, connected to a extractor unit on the roof or somewhere else. would be cool to be able to do the same ingame

5) remove bodyparts from -recently- deceased corpses.
while this maybe would not be a good idea for human corpses, when it comes to real bodyparts... it certainly makes sense to remove bionic parts of a corpse or scyther even if he's dead already?

and thats all for now.

Toggle

• I actually think this would be interesting to add, could work.
  • That's... Already possible soon. If you check the changelog, he's adding animal taming. We've yet to know about wargs, might be able to tame hostile animals or may not.
  • But there's also childhood and adulthood for colonists, children couldn't have it. And I just think children wouldn't be a good addition to the game.
  • Okay, but that would remove accessibility for decoration. The current way you can clearly see where the wires go and access them. As for your note, that would also use air ducts or vents in the roof, which we don't have.
  • The scythers use literally blades as arms. The other stuff isn't compatible with humans likely. And Tynan has stated no, you can't and wont be able to remove organs or anything from dead bodies due to balance reasons.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.