Architecture menu too small/big for some mods

Started by Duncan, July 12, 2015, 06:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan

When a user has a lot of mods installed that add things to the architecture menu, the screen becomes very full when these menus are open. This is especially problematic on lower resolutions and 3:4 5:4 aspect ratio. In many cases it can become difficult to place these objects in the map because so little of it is visible.

Please see the attached image for an exaple.

I think the menu needs a rework, either divide things into tabs, or simply restrict its size and allow it to scroll or have multiple pages.

I was not sure if I should write this in the bug report forum as it is a collection of features which are working as intended that have a problematic consequence.

This is probably already on the radar as an issue but I wanted to make sure.

[attachment deleted due to age]

skullywag

its only an issue for modded games therefore there is no way Tynan can prioritise this over working on vanilla features, granted it would be nice though. I think Tynan is aware by now that certain people believe the UI needs some love, im sure he'll get to it at some point and when he does id hope he would make it more extensible. :)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Duncan

Thanks for your post. I consider mod support to be a vanilla feature, and as more and more mods appear it is inevitable that these menus start to overfill. This is not so much an issue with specific mods as with the game's handling of mods, and it will happen with any mods you use if there are enough buildings added. I am of course not asking for any special treatment or high priority just because this issue bothers me. But I work in game QA and I like to have things documented. Please think of this thread simply as a reminder for a small change that should be made at some time in the future.

skullywag

oh i totally understand im just giving you the answer that has been given whenever posts like this pop up. I agree its a must have before the game can be finished imo, just as stated itll have to wait, still a good suggestion though, one which we have had a few times which also shows its wanted.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Duncan

Really? I tried several searches and could not find another thread. They must not have used the same keywords as me I guess although I thought 'architecture' was a sure winner in this case. I guess it doesn't really matter.