[Win 0.11.857] Rain Causing Memory Leak?

Started by DaemonDeathAngel, July 12, 2015, 02:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaemonDeathAngel

I am not the only one that has run into this issue, when I stream, many other people point it out as happening in their game as well.

When it begins raining, my memory and CPU usage shoot sky high, my cpu usage jumps from 9-11 to over 30. As well, my ram usage jumps from under 700,000kbs to over 2,300,000kbs of usage.

This makes me think that there is a memory leak somewhere within the default coding, because even with no mods enabled, this happens.

Not that the memory usage is any big problem to me, considering I have 16 GB of ram installed, and plan to buy atleast another 8 GB, but the CPU usage is an issue, and many computers that are not a custom built gaming rig would have a huge problem with game lag because of it.

My DxDiag is as follows - Link

Gaesatae

That's weird. I can't see any significant CPU or RAM change between rainy and clear weather in my system (a potato compared to yours). I do see change in CPU when it starts snowing, but that is expected. I tested it a moment ago while capturing using OBS.

Did you notice if this always happens every time it rains? Could you please post a savegame when this is happening? I ask because maybe there's something else causing this issue

DaemonDeathAngel

I will next time I play. Going through a rough patch with my significant other, so playing is going to be limited for a few days

Tynan

If you could post a savegame where the bug is in process I'd love to see it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog