Physical Effects and Cryptosleep

Started by Lonely Rogue, July 13, 2015, 01:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonely Rogue

I saw that topic that other user made and closed, and I thought I'd open this one for you.  8)
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Kegereneku

Reminder of the topic : It started on how mood buff/debuff stack up eternally while in cryptosleep.
Then, someone said he considered strange that Cryptosleep didn't cure Disease.

I see no reason we can't discuss both topic here in a constructive fashion, that's how you keep a topic fresh and let Developers know if this is considered more than the rambling of one person.

Physically : Myself, I see no justification to make Cryptosleep a healing-chamber as well. keeping someone alive indefinitely is good enough for bedridden colonist waiting for a transplant or waiting through some cataclysm.
Also, it give some chance to have a healing/genetic chamber as a separate thing someday. let's keep dreaming of genetic-engineering, vat-clone soldier and eventual catgirl.

Psychologically : Many Sci-fi story used the idea that waking up of cryostasis wasn't a very nice experience. But in Rimworld, mood-buff/debuff stack on sleeping pawn, no matter if it was 1 day or 1 years ago, making it problematic the longer a pawn sleep.
To this I suggested to keep track of how much time occurred said buff/debuff. So we can avoid Exploit.

There, that's sum up what I though.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !