Edit colonists stats in game?

Started by Truthowl, July 14, 2015, 08:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truthowl

I use mods. One of the mods I use is 'prepare carefully'. I like to set my 3 starting colonists with certain genders and stats. Recently the mod pack I use (Ultimate Overhaul Modpack) had a slew of updates(which is good) and I made a new world/colony each time. I'm tired of making new colonies and starting from scratch. Though I'm not all that far into this new game I just don't want to have to start over if I can avoid it. That's why I'm posting. I'm hoping to avoid starting over.

Seems I got in a rush last time I made a new world/colony. Each update more or less forced me to delete my 'prepare carefully' saved profiles. In my last recreation of my favorite colonists, I changed something which altered skills my primary colonist starts with.

I want to edit him, and only him, so he's passionate about Social. I tried going into dev mode to see if there was a way to edit my colonists in there but if there is I couldn't find it. Does anyone know if I can edit  colonist currently being used or not? And if so could you point me in the right direction or explain how, please?
--
Truthowl
--
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 45nm Technology
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GA-UD3H (Socket M2)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

skullywag

you could find him in the save file and edit him there, thats about your only option i think.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Truthowl

Quote from: skullywag on July 14, 2015, 08:15:38 AM
you could find him in the save file and edit him there, thats about your only option i think.

@skullywag Thank you very very much Mate. That worked perfectly. You saved me a load of frustration. Now it's time to go have some fun.
--
Truthowl
--
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 45nm Technology
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GA-UD3H (Socket M2)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?