[1.0] Auto Seller - (v2.0.4.2) (13-12-2019)

Started by Supes, July 14, 2015, 05:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supes

Description:
This Rimworld mod adds the ability to Auto Sell items from the trade window using a set of editable rules. These rules can be created and edited via the Autosell Tab.

So, You've been hoarding a ton of weapons and apparel you've been hoping to sell, or you're frequently harvesting and selling something, but you're getting sick of adjusting sliders for all your hundreds of items. This is mod will make your life easier. After you setup your rules for selling on the overview tab, selling will be only one button press away.

You can create rules for damage equipment, sell only of a certain quality, or even items made from a certain material. Do you have a surplus of stock but don't want to sell everything, you can do that aswell.

Additional Info

Watch Videos

If you plan to use AutoSeller with caravans, you'll need to build a Trade Reports Printer and create a shopping list, and be sure to take the Shopping List with you. A Shopping List will connect your caravan with the original colony the list was created on (as long as that colony still has a trade printer) use when sending your caravan to trade with other faction bases.

If AI Selling is enabled it will, by default give a job to the best negotiator avaibable, some social skill is also gained during the job.

Buying Rules can be set buy creating a rule as normal, and setting the Reorder Point and Restock Levels. when your stock goes below the Reorder Point, you will buy stock up to the Restock Level. By setting Sell Point and Reorder Points, you can avoid getting too low levels of stock or storing too much of an item.

Specific AutoSeller 2 features

Users of the old AutoSeller might scream AHHH! at the new rule creating interface, however the new modular design allows for more complex rule creation while still allowing you to create a rule in under 20 seconds if you want (yes I've tried it).

Another advantage of the new modular design is that there aren't different Rule Types for trading different things (gone are the days of Items/Livestock/Building rules).

You get to choose which filters to add, if you want to sell all of something regardless of health, you don't have to use the health filter.

AutoSeller is an Extendable Framework, and can use Filters outside of the main mod, aswell as extensions to create rules that can be used outside of Trading.

Creating a rule in AutoSeller 2

Rules now consist of Groups and Filters. Rule options/settings are at the top of the interface, be sure to set the Rule Description, since unlike AutoSeller 1, Rules are not named for you (this is because rules can become very complex)

Groups don't do anything by themselves but they can hold Filters and other Groups. You can completely ignore using Groups if you want and only use the Root Group to store your Filters.

The right side of the screen contains Properties Tabs for viewing the properties of Groups or Filters

With a Group selected, and from the Group Properties tab on the right side of the interface, double click on Add Filter, this will bring up available filters, click on your chosen filter to add it. Each Filter has different Properties you can manipulate, once added you can double click on it to access these properties.

Click accept to save your rule.

Tips
You can test your rule to see what items match it on the Test tab during rule creation, please note that this matches against what is in your colony (note that quantiy is delibrately not shown since this can vary greatly when trading) so if your colony doesn't have an item matching, it wont show.

The most used filter is the Category Filter and I suggest using this filter for your first rule. For the Category Filter, browse through the categories and select which item types or categories to add from the list right of the category list (you can hold shift and ctrl to manipulate this list). Added items/categories will be shown on the list below, to remove items from this list, browse back to it to it from categories and deselect.

You can change how a group processes filters by toggling whether a group uses an OR or an AND operator using right click. These are displayed on the group as a Venn diagram, which is two overlapping circles, OR has both cirles filled where AND has only the intersection between cirles filled. The default group behavoir is AND.

When creating complex rules with multiple branches of Groups, it is highly recommended to name your group (top right of the interface)

You can invert the results of a group by right clicking and selecting Negate, this can be used for creating exceptions which I will get into later as it is an advanced topic.

If you want do prevent a rule from firing but not delete it, you can click the S next to the Rule on the AutoSeller Overview. while on the topic of deactivating rules, you can deactivate part of a rule by editing the rule and right clicking the Group you wish to deactivate.

There are multiple ways to Manipulate Groups, you can cut and paste a Group onto another Group, or you can simply drag the Group over to where you want.

Did you know that you can copy/paste a group from one rule to different rule, you can even do this with different extension Rules.

Thanks
Proxyer for Japanese translation
kaptain_kavern for v1 original French translation
Marnador for Rimworld Font
Lauri7x3 for v1 German translation

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Nexus Download

Github

Change List

Serum Filter
Sorting System
Clone Button
Minor UI Fixes

Import Improvements
+Spaceship Mod Compatiblity Fix
+Current Choice
Alternate Shopping List Behaviour Option
Carrying Capacity Filter
Apparel Filter Fix
Trade UI Icon Fix

Merge Controller
Time Until Rot Filter

ability to include equipped weapons and apparel
ability to include inventory items
slight improvement to Colour Widget
extra option on low stack filter

Some UI fixes
Listbox (and its variations) updated
Filter tweaks

Chain Rules
Fix to Apparel Filter
Translation Updates
Update to Low Stack Filter
Undo System
Wiki System
Colour Theme Choice
Fix for Chains interfering with Include Unavailable Setting

Support for RimPrime
Quick Create

Added some tooltips
Changed some of the Separate Defs code

Fixed Drag Reordering
Fixed Filter Select Cancel

Added Animal Filter
Added Statistic Filter

Added Pawn Skill Filter
Multiple Negotiators

Added Importer
Included Repetition setting

Updated for RW Build 1974

Japanese Translation by Proxyer

initial 2.0.0.0 version(around 80% or more of the code is new compared to 1.1.2.5b)

AutoSeller by Supes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

AutoNotify Extension

Adds the ability to set notifications for stock levels using editable rules.

Requires AutoSeller 2.0.1.7 or higher to work.  For detailed instructions, see the first two videos of autoseller.

Load after Autoseller

This is an example extension mod, as such it wont be expanded upon much more than it already is, but it can still be useful, such as notifying how many items you have if you are making items for a caravan request quest, or if you simply wish to be notified when you get too low of something.

safe to install on an existing save, also safe to remove without adverse affects.

The example git is available here: https://github.com/SupesSolutions/RWAutoNotify

dismar

Mrshilka

Mrshilka

*edited* User error not the mods! I am back to wantng your babies!.

comlink

Add this to the "should be stock" list. I've been waiting for someone to make this mod.

Ninefinger

Supes

Quote from: Mrshilka on July 14, 2015, 05:49:04 PM
When I go to create a rule the box just comes up blank.

Are you using Alpha 11 (build 834) or Alpha 11b (build 857)?  There was a change with the Float range widget during those 2 game versions that might be causing the rule box to go blank. let me know if updating the game doesn't fix it.

kaptain_kavern

Nice. Thx. Gonna try that ASAP.

Love it!

Here's a french translation (initially wanted to PM you so you can add in your archive, but i can't find how to add attachments)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Supes

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 14, 2015, 07:14:26 PM
Nice. Thx. Gonna try that ASAP.

Love it!

Here's a french translation (initially wanted to PM you so you can add in your archive, but i can't find how to add attachments)

thanks for the translation, I've now added it to the mod.

Delekhan

Adding this to the base game is the no-brainer of the year.

Keyzoth

Does this setting count as 'except for dat item' ?

or perhaps you'll include exception in next update

**Edit** This Setting actually make an exception for items
This Mod help me a lot as a legal businessman .. huehuehuehue

Supes

Quote from: Keyzoth on July 17, 2015, 01:48:19 AM
Does this setting count as 'except for dat item' ?

or perhaps you'll include exception in next update

**Edit** This Setting actually make an exception for items
This Mod help me a lot as a legal businessman .. huehuehuehue

it would probably depend on the order the rules were created in (especially true for minimum stock levels), the last rule overriding the previous rules, I'll look at adding exceptions in a future build

Tynan

Wow, that's an amazing idea I never even thought of doing something like this.

Looks like a really nice implementation of it too.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Iwillbenicetou

Another step:

Auto sell a armor vest from any material with bad and below (like shoddy) and have less than 50% durability

Hope this makes sense
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!