[1.0] Auto Seller - (v2.0.4.2) (13-12-2019)

Started by Supes, July 14, 2015, 05:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heymom

Hey man.. i love your mod <3

In earlier versions, we got a "rapport" after a sale/buy. I dont seem to be getting that anymore, is there something i am overlooking, or did that feature get removed?

regards.

Supes

it should still pop up if a sale was done via AI selling

Heymom

Quote from: Supes on November 09, 2018, 05:02:45 PM
it should still pop up if a sale was done via AI selling
I have had some issues with the AI trading. I have installed a AI Manager and ticking the AI Trader, does not seem to work like it used to. It will click/tick one of my pawns regardless.
Again, i been away from rimworld abit, so i might just remember how B17-B18 were.

See attachment.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Supes

unlike B17/18 negotiator selecting, the current release allows you to select more than one negotiator, however the preferred negotiator will always be ticked (abbreviated with (P))

Heymom

Quote from: Supes on November 09, 2018, 06:49:26 PM
unlike B17/18 negotiator selecting, the current release allows you to select more than one negotiator, however the preferred negotiator will always be ticked (abbreviated with (P))
I am really sorry, i found the culprit. It was a mod i have that "shrinks" the comm console down, and it seems that your mod, doesnt see it.
I build a normal size one, and all is working :)

Fatos

Supes

it could be made to work with any ITrader or any list of Tradeables or Transferables, either by an extension or a few tweaks to the window monitoring code (maybe a change using harmony).

Supes

you can try my beta build, my testing shows that it works with RimPrime, need some feedback though before uploading to nexus/steam, like if it causes any issues with other mods dialogs, or any errors really.

also this build should support Small Comms Console

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvqlt10ksd1n2kr/RWAutoSell_202a.zip?dl=0

Fatos

Amazing, I will try it right the way.

P.S I just tested it, and it work fabulously. Thank you for your work. Keep up the good work :D

Supes

new update for you guys.

Some of you might remember I had a quick create in the previous v1 series, and I intended for it to make a return one day, so now it has :)

Steam

Nexus

Support for RimPrime
Quick Create

Heymom

Cannot get a simple rule to work..

root(and) > material:woody;stony(and) > catagory:any weapon (and)

results in nothing. And yes i have bows etc in my stockpiles. So it should return those.
If i remove the second group, it returns (test) what i want.. but more than that, composite appeal etc, which aint wood/stone.

Anyone have some insight as to why i cant get it to work?

what i want:

"sell any weapon not made from metal"

Supes

Many guns and bows don't have a stuff, and go under the No Material option.  These items instead use a set cost list, and without a stuff they have no other variant.

A club is an example of a weapon with many variants, and the recipe specify a stuff (and can be made from anything from gold, marble down to the lowly wood.  When making a bill to create an item, stuff is usually displayed with checkboxes on the right hand side)

The material filter is best used when you want to do different things to different variants of an item (e.g. you might want to avoid selling your gold small sculptures but you do want to sell all sandstone small sculptures)

Heymom

Quote from: Supes on December 24, 2018, 03:16:42 PM
Many guns and bows don't have a stuff, and go under the No Material option.  These items instead use a set cost list, and without a stuff they have no other variant.

A club is an example of a weapon with many variants, and the recipe specify a stuff (and can be made from anything from gold, marble down to the lowly wood.  When making a bill to create an item, stuff is usually displayed with checkboxes on the right hand side)

The material filter is best used when you want to do different things to different variants of an item (e.g. you might want to avoid selling your gold small sculptures but you do want to sell all sandstone small sculptures)
I am sorry, but that didnt help me. In your own example, you segment sales based on material, which is exactly what i am trying to do.

Not sure what "stuff" means, material ?

Supes

Yes, Stuff is Material, but in modding terms, a Stuff is a material in a recipe that can be changed to make variants of an item.  The material filter looks for this Stuff.

Think about it this way, have you seen a revolver or a bow that are have the material they are made of in their name.

I would be pretty sure the answer would be no unless you have some mods that change this, because these are items that don't have Stuff, they are only displayed as 'Revolver', in the sculpture example 'gold small sculpture' has a Stuff 'gold' shown to the player in the name of the item.  you can tell if any item has a stuff by keeping this in mind.

Because the bow has no Stuff Material, the Material filter doesn't work in the context of what you're trying to do.  The Bow is classed as 'No Material'

The rule you are making is a mix of weapons with and without stuff materials (bow being without a stuff), but because the Material filter is looking for wood on items that have no stuff, it fails on those weapons.

That is why the Material filter doesn't work with what you're trying to do.  The Material filter isn't suitable for that unfortunately.

the example in my previous post shows separating variants of the same item type (small sculpture in this case), where the material filter can be used.

I'm trying to keep the technicalities of stuff and how they relate to recipes to a minimum, sorry if it isn't terribly understandable

Heymom

Quote from: Supes on December 24, 2018, 08:06:39 PM
snip
Thanks for the clarification, will try and see if i can find a workaround within the set rules. And i dont mind complicated answers, but we all have to start somewhere right? :) printf("thank you");