[B18] Project Fallout v1.6b (the *Smaller* Bug Crushing Update)

Started by AshbornK9, July 14, 2015, 09:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N/A

N/A
0 (0%)
N/A
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 06, 2016, 01:06:26 PM

AshbornK9

Quote from: Dragoon on July 15, 2015, 06:30:48 AM
When he says rework I think he means use the basic as a base and build onto not so much replace it. I'm loving this mod *cool guy makillacutty*  8)
edit: OH I ALMOST FORGOT TO ASK!!! Will you be adding any DLC weapons from new Vegas?
Yes, DLC weapons will be their own update, but not one for each DLC, as each only adds a few weapons. As for using them as a base, I do plan on doing that at least somewhat, I have some power armor textures given to me by Berengar, but they don't quite fit the bill yet, and will have to be altered heavily. EDIT: I forgot to mention, all Gun Runner's Arsenal are not going to be added in that update, since there are so many they will be included with each weapon-type update.
Quote from: Pheanox on July 15, 2015, 08:03:33 AM
Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 14, 2015, 09:51:20 PM
Nice progress since the [WIP] thread in the other subgroup. Gratz

Quote from: AshbornK9 on July 14, 2015, 09:18:51 PM
... and are all from Fallout: New Vegas...
That's why none of them recall anything for me. I'm feeling old right now saying this but I know only Fallout 1,2 and Tactics. Fallout 1 and Baldur's Gate literally taught me English when I was sixteen.

Keep up the good job anyway plz

Yeah I was on your page.  I was like "Fallout? Awesome!  Oh, Fallout 3/NV.  Well cool I guess."  It seems more and more people haven't played the older games which I still consider to be benchmarks of CRPGs.
I have Fallout 2, just was never able to get into it. I wish they would remake it with better graphics, doesn't need to be 3d, just fix the broken stuff and give it a shiny new paint job.
Quote from: evil scientist on July 15, 2015, 10:01:23 AM
can you add a now biome calles the wasteland ? and instead of a warg event a deathclaw event cause the wargs are too easy  ;D
Not sure about this one, I don't quite know how to add biomes, or if you even can, but if so it will probably happen. As for replacing wargs, no I think that if they are in the vanilla game, they belong there, not going to change that.
A canine born from the Ashes of the wasteland.

Click here:

yellojacket

Could you look into adding Pre-War clothes? i want my colonists to look snazzy while slaughtering bandits and tribesmen  :D

IndustryStandard

Alright I won't be using the mod yet, needs some time.

I would want to see you add terminals, as a joy object I could put into my colonist 3x3 rooms.

Add vault doors, and vault suits, don't be afraid to get items from Fo1 and 2.

Some new power plants fitting the fallout theme, maybe give steal walls a reskin.

AshbornK9

Quote from: IndustryStandard on July 16, 2015, 08:27:42 PM
Alright I won't be using the mod yet, needs some time.

I would want to see you add terminals, as a joy object I could put into my colonist 3x3 rooms.

Add vault doors, and vault suits, don't be afraid to get items from Fo1 and 2.

Some new power plants fitting the fallout theme, maybe give steal walls a reskin.
Im still working on everything, but most of that is planned, just how far in the future, I don't quite know. Im still learning how to code this things, and am working from there.

Click here:

Iwillbenicetou

The suggestion that I need in the game is all the Iconic Fallout gear. Pipboy, laser and plasma rifles, power armor (the nice silver military grade ones), 111 (and maybe 101) vault jump suit, with armored variant. Just look at the game or watch some overview of it, and start making something :D
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

AshbornK9

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on July 16, 2015, 10:22:33 PM
The suggestion that I need in the game is all the Iconic Fallout gear. Pipboy, laser and plasma rifles, power armor (the nice silver military grade ones), 111 (and maybe 101) vault jump suit, with armored variant. Just look at the game or watch some overview of it, and start making something :D

All of that is planned, currently working on apparel while the weapon textures are being made. Can't guarantee it being in there too soon, but I am consistently working on it. Also, I can't put all of that in one update and update the mod consistently, stuff like that will come out in chunks rather than as a whole, like for the weapons, I am working on them one weapon type at a time.

Click here:

Iwillbenicetou

Also some more things to think about

:D

AshbornK9

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on July 16, 2015, 11:12:20 PM
Also some more things to think about

As far as the SPECIAL System goes, I don't know how much I can do. I have put a lot of thought into it but can't truly see a place for it as of currently. Also, the Pipboy will be included within apparel as a glove. 

Click here:

Iwillbenicetou

TheSzwagier

*definitely* not a disguisting human being

Berengar

So i took that weekend an break from my skyrim mod, you know, just want to chill a bit, play some games and so one.
But somehow i endet up make sprites for Fallout/Rimworld.
Here is the resolt. Needs a bit finetuning, than i send Ashborn the stuff.
But befor that, what do you guys think? And what do you want to see next?

Metal Armor.

Vault Suit.

Armored Vaultsuit.

Power Armor. (v.05)

PS: @Stinkycat i love you stuff, that some realy fine work. :)
PSS: To the mod itself. I think i would seperate it later in 2 parts. East and Westcoast.  (Fallout nv/ fallout 3)

Iwillbenicetou

Berengar

Iwillbenicetou

Nice, though I think the eyes should be black :P your decision. Because late-game, power armor is the player's main choice

Stinkycat752

Art Update!

Possibly new art changes coming!
I may halving the size of sprites and coloring them more to fit Rimworld's art style where possible.
Before I'd do that I'd like some more feedback from everyone else I suppose.

(Rimworld sprite, New sprite, Old Sprite)

Reason for the changes?
Well frankly the old sprites (172x128/128x128 Pixels) sure do look nice on the forum, but in game they require much more work.
Sometimes to the point that look a little wonky on the forum itself. (To me in the least)

So I've decided to try going for a more Rimworld look by trying to imitate the color pallet and reducing image sizes to 64x64.
I feel these changes are needed but it all falls down to the creators decision, his is currently leaning towards keeping the old way.

Feedback pls!
Or don't, it's not like I need your opinions or anything..

Abomination Imagination