[B18] Project Fallout v1.6b (the *Smaller* Bug Crushing Update)

Started by AshbornK9, July 14, 2015, 09:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N/A

N/A
0 (0%)
N/A
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 06, 2016, 01:06:26 PM

Iwillbenicetou

I like the new sprites. Personally I definitely agree with the new look. Rimworld guns look a bit cartoony, while still having detail. bit like TF2. But idk.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Berengar

Quote from: Stinkycat752 on July 19, 2015, 06:34:55 PM
Art Update!

Possibly new art changes coming!
I may halving the size of sprites and coloring them more to fit Rimworld's art style where possible.
Before I'd do that I'd like some more feedback from everyone else I suppose.

(Rimworld sprite, New sprite, Old Sprite)

Reason for the changes?
Well frankly the old sprites (172x128/128x128 Pixels) sure do look nice on the forum, but in game they require much more work.
Sometimes to the point that look a little wonky on the forum itself. (To me in the least)

So I've decided to try going for a more Rimworld look by trying to imitate the color pallet and reducing image sizes to 64x64.
I feel these changes are needed but it all falls down to the creators decision, his is currently leaning towards keeping the old way.

Feedback pls!
Or don't, it's not like I need your opinions or anything..

Hrm.. an question that i ask myself in the last days often.
My personal prefer that a bit more rusty, and detailed flair, and use it often in my own work.
Sure, that fits very often not that mutch, in the more cartoony stlye of rimworld. Buuuut... on the other hand its give you stuff an unice look, what i like. The best way is the middle way i would say. Like in mrofas work.

But at the and i do like you stuff, and think its fits good. Its not too mutch, but on the other hand very detailed.

JesterHell

Quote from: Stinkycat752 on July 19, 2015, 06:34:55 PM
Art Update!

Possibly new art changes coming!
I may halving the size of sprites and coloring them more to fit Rimworld's art style where possible.
Before I'd do that I'd like some more feedback from everyone else I suppose.

(Rimworld sprite, New sprite, Old Sprite)

Reason for the changes?
Well frankly the old sprites (172x128/128x128 Pixels) sure do look nice on the forum, but in game they require much more work.
Sometimes to the point that look a little wonky on the forum itself. (To me in the least)

So I've decided to try going for a more Rimworld look by trying to imitate the color pallet and reducing image sizes to 64x64.
I feel these changes are needed but it all falls down to the creators decision, his is currently leaning towards keeping the old way.

Feedback pls!
Or don't, it's not like I need your opinions or anything..

I Love the detailed art for the pistols and think it'd be awesome to have all the mods content that detailed but I understand if that's to much work, hell all I've ever done with graphics is edit a 32x32 sprite for Dominions 3 and that took me forever.

Stinkycat752

I didn't mean much more work in the sense that they're more complicated to do, I just meant that I have to edit them so much sometimes to the point where I might as well have just made a 64x64 bit sprite. To be perfectly honest it's much more work coloring the 64 bit ones. Whereas the tradeoff is it's very hard to get a good outline on larger images without making them look too different from the original image.

P.S. Thank you for the feedback guys!
Abomination Imagination

erathia

We need vault-tech doors, enclave armors, as well as brotherhood of steel faction (and enclave too) we also need the freaking fat-man launcher, or at least some Mr. Handy to help around the house ;)

Iwillbenicetou

+1! Also that bot from the beginning in Fallout 4. the bot that has several arms and moves around on a jet. Just wondering if you can put that in at A12
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

erathia

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on July 20, 2015, 06:29:44 PM
+1! Also that bot from the beginning in Fallout 4. the bot that has several arms and moves around on a jet. Just wondering if you can put that in at A12

THIS is Mr. Handy ;)

kaptain_kavern

For this, it can be easy (not for me as I can't draw) : "just" do a new texture for Droid from Mechanical defense (iirc) that will overwrite existing textures if charged after this one in ModOrder list.
Just my 2 cents ;)

erathia

I would rather use the code from MAI, as their robots (cleaning bot and hauling bot) have a built in recharging station :D

kaptain_kavern

It can work for any mods with droids, as long as you setup the original mod previously, and put the one with new textures after it in ModOrder list ;)

I don't use any mods with droids sry :p

Drahkon

Not big on adding items usually, but I like the looks of this so far, good potential. Keep everything blending nicely with the existing world and I'll be trying this for sure.

It'd be nice to have both the options of using it as a overlay replacing some vanilla items (ie: 9mm replaces 'pistol', add 10mm etc) or in addition to vanilla, depending on taste.

kaptain_kavern

Just added to the A11 Modlist.
Keep up the good job ;)

AshbornK9

Quick update for you guys, still working on stuff. Taking longer than expected due to complete art overhaul. Stinkycat has been out of town for a while and hasn't been able to work on stuff for a bit, but stuff is still progressing. I have a few things in the works for the future, such as workbenches and researches (along with the basis for clothing and armor) that are semi-functional, but not quite ready for a release. Have a great day guys and I'll keep you all updated.
A canine born from the Ashes of the wasteland.

Click here:

AshbornK9

Sorry to say guys, but my graphic artist has quit, and no updates (apart from one what shall be decided by the new poll) can be completed until I can find someone new to make textures for my mod. I still plan on following through, but I cannot get anything done in terms of complete release until then. If you know anyone who may want to help with this, then please send them my way. Also, within the next day or so I shall be doing any updating that I need to do for my mod to work for A12. Thank you all and have a great day.

Click here:

AshbornK9

Updated to A12, added 10 new guns, 1 implant and 1 melee weapon.

Changelog:
Added:
9 Iron (Golf Club)
BB Gun
Abilene Kid (Unique BB Gun)
Anti-Materiel Rifle
Assault Carbine
Battle Rifle
This Machine (Unique Battle Rifle)
Brush Gun
Medicine Stick (Unique Brush Gun)
Cowboy Repeater
La Longue Carabine (Unique Cowboy Repeater)
VATS Implant

Click here: