[B18] Project Fallout v1.6b (the *Smaller* Bug Crushing Update)

Started by AshbornK9, July 14, 2015, 09:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N/A

N/A
0 (0%)
N/A
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 06, 2016, 01:06:26 PM

AshbornK9

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on May 30, 2017, 11:06:57 PM
If you need to recode some stuff I can help with XML files. If needed pm me buddy
No need to recode, just need to submit my counter-claim to Steam. Although I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Then there is a 10 day period for the other guy to counter that, if he doesn't then it goes back up, if he does it could take even longer.
A canine born from the Ashes of the wasteland.

Click here:

playtimeuk1

Hey, I was following your mod on Steam and it's dissapeared, when will we see it back up? Wanted a friend to get this mod too as they stick to Steam Workshop only but I was unable to find it, I assume the DMCA went into full effect.

Also, a bug I found was some people went around with a pink head, almost like a missing texture, is this a know issue? (The missing texture was more around the head of the charachter that visited my colony). I turned all other mods off apart from this one and it was still there, thought I'd bring it to your attention if you wasn't already aware. Thanks for the great mod!

EDIT: After trying to see what item exactly was giving the pink box texture I found out what it was. "Raider Power Armor Helmet". Hope this help if there's a bug or just brings it to your attention.

AshbornK9

Yep the DMCA went through, though according to a post he made on someone elses steam workshop item, he will back off as long as I do not include the Enclave in my mod. I will respect this for the time being, although I do plan on including them in the future at a minimum. He claims doing so would be "Concept Theft" and would file another DMCA against me, despite the fact my Fallout mod existed first. Basically its bs and I just don't want to deal with it right now.

Click here:

playtimeuk1

No worries. He cannot file a DMCA on the concept of The Enclave anyway, otherwise he'd be saying he had the idea first and I'd like to think Bethesda would want a word with him on that one.

Eitherway, thanks for the mod! It's bringing back a lovely, unhealthy addiction I have to the game.

IHateRegistering

Quote from: playtimeuk1 on June 03, 2017, 07:29:30 AM
Hey, I was following your mod on Steam and it's dissapeared, when will we see it back up? Wanted a friend to get this mod too as they stick to Steam Workshop only but I was unable to find it, I assume the DMCA went into full effect.

Also, a bug I found was some people went around with a pink head, almost like a missing texture, is this a know issue? (The missing texture was more around the head of the charachter that visited my colony). I turned all other mods off apart from this one and it was still there, thought I'd bring it to your attention if you wasn't already aware. Thanks for the great mod!

EDIT: After trying to see what item exactly was giving the pink box texture I found out what it was. "Raider Power Armor Helmet". Hope this help if there's a bug or just brings it to your attention.
Are you using the headgear frame mod? It seems to cause some glitches with several mods, like animal hoods, the hoods from the different cults from the Call of Cthulu mod and this one. Poked around in the XMLs to see if there's anything that's different from other headgear that works but no luck.

SuedKAT

I've been trying it out for a day now and I like the mod quite a bit, but I had to remove the turret's since they are really not to my liking and to be frank I find them to be a dent in an otherwise great mod.

AshbornK9

Quote from: SuedKAT on June 04, 2017, 05:41:56 PM
I've been trying it out for a day now and I like the mod quite a bit, but I had to remove the turret's since they are really not to my liking and to be frank I find them to be a dent in an otherwise great mod.
The turrets are currently using a placeholder texture for the meantime, they will be replaced in the future.

Click here:

playtimeuk1

Quote from: IHateRegistering on June 04, 2017, 09:15:22 AM
Quote from: playtimeuk1 on June 03, 2017, 07:29:30 AM

Are you using the headgear frame mod? It seems to cause some glitches with several mods, like animal hoods, the hoods from the different cults from the Call of Cthulu mod and this one. Poked around in the XMLs to see if there's anything that's different from other headgear that works but no luck.

I do have that mod! It never occured to me that it could cause a conflict! Thanks for that suggestion, I'll give that a try at somepoint when I return from my Witcher 3 binge. Good spot on it if that fixes my only gripe with using the mod so far! :D

SuedKAT

Quote from: AshbornK9 on June 04, 2017, 10:11:14 PM
Quote from: SuedKAT on June 04, 2017, 05:41:56 PM
The turrets are currently using a placeholder texture for the meantime, they will be replaced in the future.
Aha, I see, glad to hear and thanks for a great mod so far!

Napple

Are you planning to make any themed scenarios to show off the mod's features?

AshbornK9

Quote from: Napple on June 05, 2017, 12:54:12 PM
Are you planning to make any themed scenarios to show off the mod's features?
Eventually

Also, I have just sent my counter statement to the DMCA so it should be up in at most 10 days or so.

Click here:

desertshore

Hi,
first of all, thank you for your mod!
.. unfortunately, I have a problem, as noticed I can't trade with the Vault dwellers
I tried to turn on the debug and it seems that that faction can't generate traders:
Faction Vault Dwellers of def PFVaultFaction has no usable PawnGroupMakers for parms tile=92977, inhabitants=False, points=651, faction=Vault Dwellers, traderKind=, generateFightersOnly=False, raidStrategy=, forceOneIncap=False
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__IteratorC9:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)

Also, I can't trade if I send a caravan to a Vault. I temporarily solved both problems, but I don't know if you intended to allow caravans to trade at Vaults.
I removed brahmins and vault-specific guards from the PawnKindDef in PawnKinds_VaultDweller.xml, and created TraderKind_Base_Vault.xml and added the appropriate tag to the Factions_Fallout.xml

Also, it seems to me that stimpacks are not craftable, even if they have a recipe. Are they supposed to be spacer-level only?

Bye!

AshbornK9

Quote from: desertshore on June 07, 2017, 10:45:45 AM
Hi,
first of all, thank you for your mod!
.. unfortunately, I have a problem, as noticed I can't trade with the Vault dwellers
I tried to turn on the debug and it seems that that faction can't generate traders:
Faction Vault Dwellers of def PFVaultFaction has no usable PawnGroupMakers for parms tile=92977, inhabitants=False, points=651, faction=Vault Dwellers, traderKind=, generateFightersOnly=False, raidStrategy=, forceOneIncap=False
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__IteratorC9:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)

Also, I can't trade if I send a caravan to a Vault. I temporarily solved both problems, but I don't know if you intended to allow caravans to trade at Vaults.
I removed brahmins and vault-specific guards from the PawnKindDef in PawnKinds_VaultDweller.xml, and created TraderKind_Base_Vault.xml and added the appropriate tag to the Factions_Fallout.xml

Also, it seems to me that stimpacks are not craftable, even if they have a recipe. Are they supposed to be spacer-level only?

Bye!
I've fixed those bugs and as soon as I can will update it on here, but I'm getting really busy since I've got finals next week.

Click here:

playtimeuk1

I can't wait to see this back up on Steam! I understand it takes time and I appreciate the effort you have put in thus far! Good luck on your finals, for a mod like this, we are willing to wait, it's worth the wait. :)

AshbornK9

Quote from: playtimeuk1 on June 08, 2017, 06:39:20 AM
I can't wait to see this back up on Steam! I understand it takes time and I appreciate the effort you have put in thus far! Good luck on your finals, for a mod like this, we are willing to wait, it's worth the wait. :)
Its actually back up on steam already, went up sometime yesterday while I was at school.

Click here: