[B18] Project Fallout v1.6b (the *Smaller* Bug Crushing Update)

Started by AshbornK9, July 14, 2015, 09:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N/A

N/A
0 (0%)
N/A
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 06, 2016, 01:06:26 PM

MMAciek

Stand among the millions of dead souls and ask them if they honor means something. Silence will be your answer.

tgbps4

Hey, great work with the mod! You should consider updating the google docs with the last update´s additions
"I need a series of mods that let me play a colony that experiments on people: basically space Vault-Tec"

Void6425

Ok i might just be being stupid but how do i make stimpacks?

Warforyou

I can't wait to try this mod in A17, but I'm still stopped by the fact that SeedsPlease patch has not been updated yet :(

Dermeseti

Awesome mod I like all the weapons and stuff.

Not long ago I got a couple of Brahmin(1male/1female) and eventually they had a couple of babies. The young Brahmin seen fine but when they got to juvenile age of the growing up process they became big pink squares. Don't know if anyone else pointed that out yet but wanted to let you know.

Jedi0n

Quote from: Dermeseti on June 28, 2017, 12:53:58 PM
Awesome mod I like all the weapons and stuff.

Not long ago I got a couple of Brahmin(1male/1female) and eventually they had a couple of babies. The young Brahmin seen fine but when they got to juvenile age of the growing up process they became big pink squares. Don't know if anyone else pointed that out yet but wanted to let you know.

I can confirm. The issue is with the reference for the brahmin bull juvenile..

EDIT:: I attached a fix, idk if that's ok? Just drop the folder in /mods dir and say yes to overwrite.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Dermeseti

Quote from: Jedi0n on July 01, 2017, 09:30:24 PM

EDIT:: I attached a fix, idk if that's ok? Just drop the folder in /mods dir and say yes to overwrite.

Sweet, thanks.

Also found that Vaults can't send caravans apparently, I ordered one and a few days later when they should have showed up I got an error report instead. Not a huge issue in this game, I have another group of friendlies I can order from but I would like a random caravan or two once in a while.

Jedi0n

Quote from: Dermeseti on July 02, 2017, 10:23:16 AM
Quote from: Jedi0n on July 01, 2017, 09:30:24 PM

Sweet, thanks.

Also found that Vaults can't send caravans apparently, I ordered one and a few days later when they should have showed up I got an error report instead. Not a huge issue in this game, I have another group of friendlies I can order from but I would like a random caravan or two once in a while.

Caravan fix attached.. Mod author, if these fixes aren't cool I'll take them down just say so.
Drop in /mods

Dermeseti

hmmmm The Caravan fix didn't seem to work for me, unless there's something I need to do extra when loading a save game to get it to register.

Jedi0n

Woops sorry, that was just a fix for the caravan carrying furniture. I attached the faction fix, looks like it was just missing FactionDefs in and out.

EDIT:: This doesn't seem to fix it either.

Trimm

I apologize if this has been asked before, I'm sure it has. Is there any way to craft Plasma superconductors or focusing lenses? I have a full research tree completed and they don't show up on any workbenches or traders at all in multiple playthroughs. Perhaps a different mod is conflicting with them, but the only way I can find plasma or laser weapons is finding them on raiders. I'd love to be able to craft these awesome weapons.

Dermeseti

Quote from: Trimm on July 08, 2017, 07:18:22 PM
I apologize if this has been asked before, I'm sure it has. Is there any way to craft Plasma superconductors or focusing lenses? I have a full research tree completed and they don't show up on any workbenches or traders at all in multiple playthroughs. Perhaps a different mod is conflicting with them, but the only way I can find plasma or laser weapons is finding them on raiders. I'd love to be able to craft these awesome weapons.

Sadly no, you have to buy them from a merchant(usually exotic goods one...or weapon merchant...I think). I actually modified the file for the energy weapons to remove the plasma superconductors and focusing lenses requirements and just increased the steal and component cost so I could stockpile my lasers without having to wait for a merchant and hope they might have what I'm looking for.

Trimm

This is what I am doing now as well. I'd be happy to buy them from merchants, but for whatever reason my current game doesn't list them in 30+ hours. I'm also adding Stimpak crafting to the XML sheets. I figure 1 Syringe, 3 Medicine and 3 Neutroamine is a pretty balanced cost. Super and Ultra Stimpaks are pretty OP so I'm leaving them as vendor-purchase only.

DocEternal

I've been trying to look thru the Steam forums and here as well but can't seem to find an answer. If someone could tell me how to get stimpacks crafted I'd really appreciate it. I have all medical research done, the drug lab built, and have crafted syringes but the stimpack doesn't show up in any bill lists at all. Has anyone else a similar issue?

Dermeseti

Quote from: DocEternal on July 14, 2017, 04:41:37 AM
I've been trying to look thru the Steam forums and here as well but can't seem to find an answer. If someone could tell me how to get stimpacks crafted I'd really appreciate it. I have all medical research done, the drug lab built, and have crafted syringes but the stimpack doesn't show up in any bill lists at all. Has anyone else a similar issue?

Sadly the only way I found to do it was doing some coding of the file Chems_Stimpak.xml found in the Fallout mod folder (RimWorld\Mods\Project Fallout v1.5\Defs\ThingDef_Chems) it seems to be missing the lines needed to show up to be produced. If you open the file in Notepad++....actually I'll just add my copy of the file here and you can use it if you wish, just replace it with the old one. I haven't seen or heard from the mod author in a little while but if they come back and ask for this to be removed I will but until then have fun with it.

The lines I changed were around line 40 I think and I just added the recipe to make it, should look like this in the file...

<recipeUsers>
<li>DrugLab</li>
</recipeUsers>
</recipeMaker>
<costList>
<PFBrocFlowerItem>2</PFBrocFlowerItem>
<PFXanderRootItem>2</PFXanderRootItem>
<PFEmptySyringe>1</PFEmptySyringe>
</costList>

As you can see it's fairly simple recipe, 2 broc flowers, 2 xander root, and 1 syringe. I did not do this for super stims and ultra stims, I figured they fit more as a merchant/loot drop item.