[B18] Project Fallout v1.6b (the *Smaller* Bug Crushing Update)

Started by AshbornK9, July 14, 2015, 09:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N/A

N/A
0 (0%)
N/A
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 06, 2016, 01:06:26 PM

DocEternal

mrsebseb

Quote from: Dermeseti on July 14, 2017, 10:17:01 PM
Quote from: DocEternal on July 14, 2017, 04:41:37 AM
I've been trying to look thru the Steam forums and here as well but can't seem to find an answer. If someone could tell me how to get stimpacks crafted I'd really appreciate it. I have all medical research done, the drug lab built, and have crafted syringes but the stimpack doesn't show up in any bill lists at all. Has anyone else a similar issue?

Sadly the only way I found to do it was doing some coding of the file Chems_Stimpak.xml found in the Fallout mod folder (RimWorld\Mods\Project Fallout v1.5\Defs\ThingDef_Chems) it seems to be missing the lines needed to show up to be produced. If you open the file in Notepad++....actually I'll just add my copy of the file here and you can use it if you wish, just replace it with the old one. I haven't seen or heard from the mod author in a little while but if they come back and ask for this to be removed I will but until then have fun with it.

The lines I changed were around line 40 I think and I just added the recipe to make it, should look like this in the file...

<recipeUsers>
<li>DrugLab</li>
</recipeUsers>
</recipeMaker>
<costList>
<PFBrocFlowerItem>2</PFBrocFlowerItem>
<PFXanderRootItem>2</PFXanderRootItem>
<PFEmptySyringe>1</PFEmptySyringe>
</costList>

As you can see it's fairly simple recipe, 2 broc flowers, 2 xander root, and 1 syringe. I did not do this for super stims and ultra stims, I figured they fit more as a merchant/loot drop item.
The recipe is there, in the recipeDef but it's incomplete/non-functioning. I fixed it and added one for Super Stimpaks (but not Ultra) based on the crafting recipe in the Fallout games.

Recipes are as follows:
Stimpak (mostly as above):

• 2 Broc Flowers
  • 2 Xander Roots
  • 1 Syringe
  • Medicine Skill of 14 (70 in the games)

Super Stimpak:

• 1 Stimpak
  • 1 Mutfruit
  • 1 Nuka-Cola
  • 1 Leather
  • Medicine Skill of 18 (90 in the games)

Added a medicine skill check that's rather high, but the skill required to craft the things in the original games is high as well (70 and 90 out of 100 respectively), and stimpaks are quite awesome so I left it that way I feel it's balanced.

Also fixed the recipe to make Broc flower and Xander root into herbal medicine (not tested it though).
1 of each, no prerequisites.
I'll attach the "fixes" if anyone wants them

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Warforyou

Brahmins have their body mass chosen wrong. I guess they should weight 100 times more as 1.75 kg makes no sense. Their weight is important when using drop pods or OHU dropships mod.

Dermeseti

Quote from: mrsebseb on July 15, 2017, 08:11:58 AM
Quote from: Dermeseti on July 14, 2017, 10:17:01 PM
Quote from: DocEternal on July 14, 2017, 04:41:37 AM
I've been trying to look thru the Steam forums and here as well but can't seem to find an answer. If someone could tell me how to get stimpacks crafted I'd really appreciate it. I have all medical research done, the drug lab built, and have crafted syringes but the stimpack doesn't show up in any bill lists at all. Has anyone else a similar issue?

Sadly the only way I found to do it was doing some coding of the file Chems_Stimpak.xml found in the Fallout mod folder (RimWorld\Mods\Project Fallout v1.5\Defs\ThingDef_Chems) it seems to be missing the lines needed to show up to be produced. If you open the file in Notepad++....actually I'll just add my copy of the file here and you can use it if you wish, just replace it with the old one. I haven't seen or heard from the mod author in a little while but if they come back and ask for this to be removed I will but until then have fun with it.

The lines I changed were around line 40 I think and I just added the recipe to make it, should look like this in the file...

<recipeUsers>
<li>DrugLab</li>
</recipeUsers>
</recipeMaker>
<costList>
<PFBrocFlowerItem>2</PFBrocFlowerItem>
<PFXanderRootItem>2</PFXanderRootItem>
<PFEmptySyringe>1</PFEmptySyringe>
</costList>

As you can see it's fairly simple recipe, 2 broc flowers, 2 xander root, and 1 syringe. I did not do this for super stims and ultra stims, I figured they fit more as a merchant/loot drop item.
The recipe is there, in the recipeDef but it's incomplete/non-functioning. I fixed it and added one for Super Stimpaks (but not Ultra) based on the crafting recipe in the Fallout games.

Recipes are as follows:
Stimpak (mostly as above):

• 2 Broc Flowers
  • 2 Xander Roots
  • 1 Syringe
  • Medicine Skill of 14 (70 in the games)

Super Stimpak:

• 1 Stimpak
  • 1 Mutfruit
  • 1 Nuka-Cola
  • 1 Leather
  • Medicine Skill of 18 (90 in the games)

Added a medicine skill check that's rather high, but the skill required to craft the things in the original games is high as well (70 and 90 out of 100 respectively), and stimpaks are quite awesome so I left it that way I feel it's balanced.

Also fixed the recipe to make Broc flower and Xander root into herbal medicine (not tested it though).
1 of each, no prerequisites.
I'll attach the "fixes" if anyone wants them

sweet that works too, thanks mrsebseb.

Warforyou

Also it seems like the patch you've uploaded doesn't work as Vault guys still won't neither trade with me, nor send their caravans even though I can order them.

AshbornK9

For now I'm fine with all these patches, I've basically been sent to purgatory with every sort of scheduling possible. If someone wants to compile all of the patches into the main download file, I'll see what I can do about updating the main file, but for now I'm too busy to look through it all manually.
A canine born from the Ashes of the wasteland.

Click here:

mrsebseb

Quote from: AshbornK9 on July 24, 2017, 11:39:35 PM
For now I'm fine with all these patches, I've basically been sent to purgatory with every sort of scheduling possible. If someone wants to compile all of the patches into the main download file, I'll see what I can do about updating the main file, but for now I'm too busy to look through it all manually.

I've got the patches, so here's my version of the full mod:
Patched Version

sirskips

Hey could you please release a version for A17 that is only animals crops and equipment no faction, and no chems or faction. After playing your mod the chems and factions are the buggy part. Your modles for the weapons and armor are to beautiful to give up tho. I hate choices like these so could you make it for me and many others by doing a A17 version with only the animals, crops, and equipment.

Arira

Got an error in a console on Hospitality Visitors, one of them was using psycho and get addicted. Standing in 1 place and not doing anything, also unconscious.

Exception ticking Minjares: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.HediffStage>.get_Item (int) <0x00054>
at Verse.Hediff.get_CurStage () <0x00051>
at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValueUnfinalized (RimWorld.StatRequest,bool) <0x00114>
at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValue (RimWorld.StatRequest,bool) <0x0003d>
at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValue (Verse.Thing,bool) <0x00042>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.StatExtension.GetStatValue_Patch1 (Verse.Thing,RimWorld.StatDef,bool) <0x00034>
at Verse.Pawn.TicksPerMove (bool) <0x0002b>
at Verse.Pawn.get_TicksPerMoveCardinal () <0x00012>
at Verse.AI.PathFinder.FindPath (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.TraverseParms,Verse.AI.PathEndMode) <0x00c4b>
at Verse.AI.PathFinder.FindPath (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.PathEndMode) <0x000b0>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower.GenerateNewPath () <0x000c5>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower.TrySetNewPath () <0x00029>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower.TryEnterNextPathCell () <0x00541>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower.PatherTick () <0x00459>
at Verse.Pawn.Tick () <0x00101>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c0>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

And this error i get when click on that pawn
Detected infinite stat recursion when evaluating Consciousness
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.PawnCapacitiesHandler:GetLevel(PawnCapacityDef)
Verse.PawnCapacitiesHandler:get_CanBeAwake()
Verse.HealthUtility:GetGeneralConditionLabel_Patch1(Pawn, Boolean)
Verse.Pawn:GetTooltip()
Verse.TooltipGiverList:DispenseAllThingTooltips()
RimWorld.MapInterface:MapInterfaceOnGUI_BeforeMainTabs()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

I guess some mods conflicts with it(like was few months ago but i manage to fix it) dunno whats could do this

larSyn

Hey Ashborn.  I left this on Steam for you as well.  I had this same problem with my mod and a user on Steam figured it out.  To fix the addiction bug, an empty list needs to be added to <stages> in the chems addiction hediffdef.

Here's the Jet addiction HediffDef now:

<HediffDef ParentName="ChemAddictionBase">
  <defName>PFJetAddiction</defName>
  <hediffClass>Hediff_Addiction</hediffClass>
  <label>Jet addiction</label>
  <causesNeed>Chemical_PFJet</causesNeed>
  <comps>
    <li Class="HediffCompProperties_SeverityPerDay">
      <severityPerDay>-0.04</severityPerDay>
    </li>
  </comps>
  <stages>
    <li>
      <label>Withdrawal</label>
      <restFallFactor>1.5</restFallFactor>
      <hungerRateFactor>1.5</hungerRateFactor>
      <capMods>
        <li>
          <capacity>Consciousness</capacity>
          <offset>-0.25</offset>
        </li>
        <li>
          <capacity>Moving</capacity>
          <offset>-0.1</offset>
       </li>
     </capMods>
     <mentalStateGivers>
        <li>
          <mentalState>WanderPsychotic</mentalState>
          <mtbDays>5</mtbDays>
        </li>
      </mentalStateGivers>
    </li>
  </stages>
</HediffDef>

The <stages> needs to be:

<stages>
    <li>
    </li>
    <li>
      <label>Withdrawal</label>
      <restFallFactor>1.5</restFallFactor>
      <hungerRateFactor>1.5</hungerRateFactor>
      <capMods>
        <li>
          <capacity>Consciousness</capacity>
          <offset>-0.25</offset>
        </li>
        <li>
          <capacity>Moving</capacity>
          <offset>-0.1</offset>
       </li>
     </capMods>
     <mentalStateGivers>
        <li>
          <mentalState>WanderPsychotic</mentalState>
          <mtbDays>5</mtbDays>
        </li>
      </mentalStateGivers>
    </li>
  </stages>

No idea why, but it needs to be there.  Great mod, btw, hope you can keep expanding on it in the future.

GuardianTitere

I would like to donate some textures I made, Do you accept? It is supposed to be the T51 us army power armor. I would be honored to make more for the fun, no reward. I have also made side and rear views of this one.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

AshbornK9

v1.6 - Updated to Beta 18, Lots and lots of bug fixes: Animals now spawn in the wild, Addictions have been removed (for now), Fixed weird Stimpak bug (possibly?), Pipboy 3000 now uses correct body part (probably), Laser rifle (should) have no more sound issues, Vault Security Helmet is now correctly classified as apparel, Vault caravans and bases now work correctly, Added recipes for Focus Lens, Superconductors, Stimpaks, and Super Stimpaks, Misc random bugfixes that I didn't actually note down.

Sorry about the long turnaround time for updates guys, I've just got a lot of stuff with school and no new assets from my artists to work with. This should fix most of the major issues in the mod, but there could still be some more stuff I don't know about, so let me know on here or on the workshop page.

Click here:

kaptain_kavern

1001YellowDaffodils

I'd try to get the mod off adfly if i were you. That place isn't renowned for it's security. I had some fake web-brower try to install it's self 5 different times. If i didn't have adblocker on, my system would likely be buried by ads for shoody services and herbalite. lol

AshbornK9

Quote from: 1001YellowDaffodils on December 05, 2017, 10:13:15 AM
I'd try to get the mod off adfly if i were you. That place isn't renowned for it's security. I had some fake web-brower try to install it's self 5 different times. If i didn't have adblocker on, my system would likely be buried by ads for shoody services and herbalite. lol
Weird, never had any issues with it myself but yeah it isn't exactly the best thing in the world.

Click here: