RimWorldMod.slack.com = A place to gather and live-talk about RW modding

Started by kaptain_kavern, July 15, 2015, 06:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Hi RimWorld Modding Community !!!

I have setup a Slack space ==> rimworldmod.slack.com

I hope/want it to be a place where RimWorld modders can gather and live-chat to help each others out  in a more direct way (But i'm not thinking it should be a replacement of the forum at all, it's another communication channel :p ).
My secret expectation is to see us all work together on a megamod ^^

TO BE INVITED :
Just send me, kaptain_kavern or Skullywag a PM (all we need is an email address to send you the invit)
Note:
Due to the numbers of people involved, this is now actually intended for active modders who are actually working on mods and have ideas they want to share or need help with their projects. The Slack is a place to mod not to chat with modders.
Admins:
8) in alphanumerical order 8)

Hilarious quotes :
Quoteskullywag : can you do an unfinished thing using ingredients that arent stuff, what happens if you try?
1000101 : hrm, never did try that
skullywag : it should be possible
theres no reason we know of for it not to work
1000101 : recipe MakePistol
cost rawPotatoe 10
skullywag : haha potatogun
does no damage but reduces food need by 0.00001
1000101 : lol

Quote alistaire
float lengthHorizontalSquared = (this.currentTarget.Cell - this.caster.Position).LengthHorizontalSquared;
            if (lengthHorizontalSquared < 9f)
            {
                num = 0f;
            }
            else if (lengthHorizontalSquared < 25f)
            {
                num *= 0.5f;
            }
            else if (lengthHorizontalSquared < 49f)
            {
                num *= 0.8f;
            }
If someone's one square away from you you're guaranteed to hit him (without accuracy checks) but if he walks a single square away from you you're way more likely to miss
juliaellie : well it worked for 12 alphas now :smile:
alistaire : I think this code is entirely based on the assumption that people won't fire high rate of fire weaponry at short range anyways
If a pawn carries another pawn you're instantly more likely to hit the carrier
Holy shit according to the code you're 90% less likely to be hit if you carry a squirrel
I'm gonna try this right now
kaptain_kavern : voodoo shit with squirrels, this game can be frightening sometimes ^^
juliaellie : 90% of this game is voodoo shit
a method which calls a method which calls a method which calls a method somewhere hidden in a cave in nepal
kaptain_kavern : Voodoo Squirrel Trinket :-p

kaptain_kavern invoke Shinzy for add this to Apparello

Quote juliaellie : you there?
no??
great..
FREEDOM!!!! takes of pants
juliaellie : burns her pants
juliaellie : I hereby declare this modding colony and every man and woman living in it created equally in the eye of Lord Tynan free of the opression of fabric. This colony is a pants free colony!
alistaire : crafts pants just to burn them
alistaire : a sacrifice mod would be cool
juliaellie : cough Blood Pact cough cough
alistaire : it should be a story teller
juliaellie : saome kind of cocky god who dermands sacrifices or bad things will happen?
alistaire : Eille'a'iluj DEMANDS you sacrifice ALL YOUR PANTS NOW
juliaellie : If you fail to do so there will be burning sulfur raining from the sky!
alistaire : Eille'a'iluj demands the life of Herberd Masterdoctor OR ELSE
YOU DID IT! Medicine rains from the skies!
juliaellie : maybe you start in a barren wasteland and have to repopulate the map with your powers but you only get mana when your colonists sacrifice all kind of shit
oh you want trees to gather wood?? you better build me a stone obelisk first and worship me
alistaire : Want your 8th rib to be healed? Better sacrifice your youth for that!

"Gadgets" already in action :

skullywag

oooh i freaking love slack (and you slackbot!) count me in. PM incoming.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

Just to add a quick tip for using slack, pin your tab in chrome (or whatever), then when you open your browser insta slack!

MrBeTrayed

Chrome gives me a warning when I try to goto the site you linked (www.rimworldmod.slack.com)...
===

www.rimworldmod.slack.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to www.rimworldmod.slack.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. Either an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.rimworldmod.slack.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit www.rimworldmod.slack.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

skullywag

kaptain_kavern

And sadly i can't automatize the signin process so you have to send me a PM with valid mail in order for me to send you a login invitation

kaptain_kavern

MrBeTrayed

Kaptain,

should edit your original message with the URL and remove the www portion so others won't fall into the same issues I did.

Also, PM incoming...

kaptain_kavern

Invitation send.

And i corrected the OP. Sorry i haven't catch it was my bad ;)

AshbornK9

A canine born from the Ashes of the wasteland.

Click here:

kaptain_kavern

I've set a form in place to gather your email for registration. Much more simple than respond to all those PMs ^^

https://kaptainkavern.typeform.com/to/JNBrri

kaptain_kavern

We now are 8 registered in it. Some interesting conversations happened. People help each other. C'est beau... I've learned much more about modding in one hour listening other than by one day by myself ^^
+ I just send you an invite Tynan ;)

Check the OP, lolpdated ^^

skullywag

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created