"Any Stone" and Hauling Priority

Started by windruf, July 15, 2015, 08:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windruf

1. it is PinA to count stones if they are enough for a building
now idea: new options for material menu
"anystone" - option in material list for a building means i don't care wich stone will be used.
"stone mix" - uses mix ot of awailiable stones HP is based on weakest stone used. and look is as if you build this wall from different stones. (f.e you build a wall tile from granite, other from marble but they all look the same and theyr hp will be based on marble)

2. it is painful to see colonists hauling steel and ignoring meat until it roots.
now idea: better haling priority
1 everything, that roots (corpses (excluding mechanoid corpses) meat, potatoes...)
2 everything, that gets damaged outside (weapons, apparel...)
3 everything else.

Toggle

This is... a bit hard to read...

The first idea, eh, maybe.

The second, there's actually not a hauling priority at all.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

windruf

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on July 15, 2015, 08:40:17 AM
???
colonists are hauling corpses first and then everything else.

zandadoum

Quote from: windruf on July 15, 2015, 08:52:40 AM
Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on July 15, 2015, 08:40:17 AM
???
colonists are hauling corpses first and then everything else.
there must be something else that factors into the equation, like maybe distance? i certainly do NOT see all my haulers rush to the corpses after a raid...

maybe configuring the priority of a storage zone could (should?) help this behaviour?

Toggle

Yeah I never see any order to my colonists hauling.

windruf

sorry guys, but it is for a few versions so: first they haul corpses and then everything else. burning corpses has too high priority.

blinari

A "prioritize hauling" similar to "haul things" (for chunks) would be good. Colonists would haul the stuff that's flagged before anything that isn't.

Toggle

So basically... have 2 hauling things, one that's more important then the other. Orrr you could just only haul the things you want hauled first, instead of two unnecessary tools.

NuclearStudent

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on July 22, 2015, 12:25:38 AM
So basically... have 2 hauling things, one that's more important then the other. Orrr you could just only haul the things you want hauled first, instead of two unnecessary tools.

That has the downside of having to wait, watch for when my colonists are done, and then make new designations. While the original poster's post was muddled, I like the idea of being able to set priorities and do things centrally.

Mikhail Reign

It's the prioritys of that stockpiles that determine the haul order. Bodies are normally hauled first because dumping stockpiles are auto set to Important.

Toggle

Quote from: NuclearStudent on August 21, 2015, 12:05:18 AM

That has the downside of having to wait, watch for when my colonists are done, and then make new designations. While the original poster's post was muddled, I like the idea of being able to set priorities and do things centrally.

x3 speed goes pretty fast. And you can always manually prioritize.

NuclearStudent

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on August 21, 2015, 12:54:13 AM
Quote from: NuclearStudent on August 21, 2015, 12:05:18 AM

x3 speed goes pretty fast. And you can always manually prioritize.

While manually prioritizing works, it feels clumsy to me. I'd prefer not to micromanage each and every step in my colony like this. I would love to be able to make all of my designations at the beginning of a task, and just let my colonists do their things while I plan out their next tasks.

dosemeter

I would like to see the hauling priority box give the same options as  stockpile storage.
I could have a colonist haul nothing but steel and weapons and another haul nothing but food and bodies....etc...

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: dosemeter on September 08, 2015, 02:44:04 AM
I would like to see the hauling priority box give the same options as  stockpile storage.
I could have a colonist haul nothing but steel and weapons and another haul nothing but food and bodies....etc...

You do the stockpile priority. That IS the hauling priority. Critical stockpiles fill up fire. Low full last. Obviously is a pawn is reserving a item or stockpile spot it can skew it, but that's how I've found it to work.

dosemeter

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on September 08, 2015, 03:40:32 AM
Quote from: dosemeter on September 08, 2015, 02:44:04 AM

You do the stockpile priority. That IS the hauling priority. Critical stockpiles fill up fire. Low full last. Obviously is a pawn is reserving a item or stockpile spot it can skew it, but that's how I've found it to work.

I agree that is how stockpile priorities work.  I, however, want to limit  which exact items a colonist would haul.
Colonist "A" will only haul to stockpiles 1,4, & 5.....while Colonist "B" will haul only to stockpiles 1, 2, & 3.
Colonist "C" will haul to stockpile 4 only...then move on to their next task.
You could also limit a hauler because of a physical or mental disability. (i.e.  Keep them from going too far away)