Do you hunt, and how?

Started by Barley, July 14, 2015, 12:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSilencedScream

Select one animal from one herd to hunt, select one animal from another herd to hunt, etc.

A little more tedious, but never have any injuries.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Othobrithol

Hunter shoots elk, other hunter shoots hunter, doctor heals first hunter.

3 pawns gained skills.

I don't see the problem.

Ranilin

I mark every animal on the map for hunting, but only ever have one pawn set to be a hunter at a time; usually the lowest skilled pawn that has any passion for it, free shooting level ups. It's never really been a problem and you get plenty of food with zero farming (maps spawn more critters based on amount of existing critters - if you don't kill everything, you end up with a map full of squirrels or boom rats, and no muffalo/elk spawning, etc). Occasionally have to check when a revenge warning stays too long, but most animals seeking revenge still die before actually hitting the hunter.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Othobrithol on July 16, 2015, 02:45:32 PM
Hunter shoots elk, other hunter shoots hunter, doctor heals first hunter.

3 pawns gained skills.

I don't see the problem.
In fact hunting with melee weapons assure that your medics didn't lack practice ^^
With small critters you'll barely end up with little scratch and bruise so you can even forbid medicines

ThreeMartiniLaunch

Everyone with a ranged weapon has Hunting set to 2. When I'm running low on meat, I mark all the animals as hunting targets. Sometimes, someone gets wounded.