Faaaaaarms.

Started by Toggle, July 16, 2015, 12:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toggle

I just wanted to point out all in all with the recent new updates, it seems it was more focused on animal farming then animal taming. You can tame animals, milk them, there's chickens that lay eggs, there's pigs, they can reproduce. Also, it seems meals are now based of "Nutrition" instead of ingredients basically, since you can make a meal out of 2 eggs instead of 10 potatoes.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

ItchyFlea

I'm looking forward to letting my colonists have bacon and eggs for breakfast now that pigs and chickens are in the game. :)
Plus I may end up splitting one of my mods into two, so people can have something like this when the next version of the game is released:

(Image from A11b)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

MarcTheMerc

Im looking forward to this update but i hope its not chicken and pigs its rimworld with boomrats and wargs. Regular animals feels weirdly out of place but none of thease animal have been confirmed so till then i wait with barely contained excitement. ;D
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Cimanyd

Regular animals like squirrels? It's always been a mix of regular and strange. I expect we'll get some more interesting animals in A12, too. Maybe the exotic animals?
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

skullywag

I was going to update my fences stuff from my beautification mod, but those look better then mine and have what i assume are gates. So i wont bother, nice job Itchy (now come join the modders slack...)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

lusername

Mmm. BUILD MORE FARMS!

Toggle

Actually they're confirmed as much as anything in the changelog, it said pigs and chickens are added, eggs too. I doubt he'll remove them.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Wolfen Waffle

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on July 16, 2015, 09:10:53 PM
Actually they're confirmed as much as anything in the changelog, it said pigs and chickens are added, eggs too. I doubt he'll remove them.

Well he also added wolves which later became wargs

Ink.

I mean, the glory of creating your own world and style is determining what exists within it. How do we know that pigs and chickens never evolved into something different? Either way, I'm fine with whatever the animals come, I'm just excited for the gameplay.

Animal husbandry and probably colonist reproduction. Time to build the farm again. 8)

milon

So many rabbits! In RimWorld, do rabbits reproduce like rabbits?  o_O

MarcTheMerc

Quote from: Cimanyd on July 16, 2015, 11:10:05 AM
Regular animals like squirrels? It's always been a mix of regular and strange. I expect we'll get some more interesting animals in A12, too. Maybe the exotic animals?

That is a good point forgot squirrel, cobras, iguanas and etc etc. Trusted tynan this far not going to stop now.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Devon_v

I would imagine that tasty animals would have been kept the same by the humans that enjoy them. Nobody wants Betapigs running amok eating everyone, it's the pigs who are to be eaten. :)

Luckless

Quote from: Devon_v on July 17, 2015, 02:01:13 PM
I would imagine that tasty animals would have been kept the same by the humans that enjoy them. Nobody wants Betapigs running amok eating everyone, it's the pigs who are to be eaten. :)

Tastes change over time, and some breeds die off completely. Maybe there was a long point in history where it was considered unmanly/unsporting to raise such tame and easy creatures as the common pig, so the "Razor Spine Back" was developed and completely eclipsed all other bloodlines causing them to die out before anyone realized just how dumb the idea really was?

userfredle

I really Hope animal happiness gets added and it factors into reproduction and food production.

milon