Damn you visitors!

Started by Elixiar, July 17, 2015, 04:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elixiar

Colonist 1: "Look a fallen visitor, We must save him!"
Colonist 2: "Right away!"
*Some time later.*

Visitor: "Hey thanks for the help guys that crazed boomrat was nearly the end of me! I'll put in a good word when I return home."
+1 relation.

*Radio static, colonist 1 makes contact with village at the river.*
Colonist 1: Greetings. It would be wise we make an alliance considering growing amounts of Raiders in the area. Here is 300 silver of goodwill."
+15 relation. (Or whatever it is)

Some time later the colony defenses are overwhelmed...

*radio - Colonist 1 to village at the river*
"My friends! I call upon you in this time of need. Centipedes are over running us, send help!"
Village leader: "Meh, I don't know it could be a waste of man power and resources on my end... Hmm... Okay, il send you a few guys."
-15 relation.

The 3 measly reinforcements With their pistols and survival riffles are destroyed. The base is over run and sometime later they send visitors to the remains of the colony and find not everyone, is in fact dead.

Colonist 1: *gurgle* "at last... We thought help wasnt c-coming... I can't stand up, Colonist 3 is still alive too inside, I hear his cries. Could you please patch me up?"
Visitor:"yeah... Shame what happened to you guys huh. Sorry though mate we just came to see what was left. Got a killer nutrient paste meal to eat at home"
'visitors are leaving'

"So long dudes!"

What the hell.

"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

milon

That. Was. Awesome.

Seriously, I laughed so hard. I've had that happen too! And the last colonist bled out just as the last visitor left his field of view.

Toggle

Yeah, they don't help colonists because it would interfere and stuff when you might want your own to do it, but that hurts when you have no doctors up xD
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Wolfen Waffle

Interactions with other factions is horrible in this game.

In my last game I had this one time where like 8 people visited in the night and all they did was kept walking in and out of this one colonists bedroom while she tried to sleep. Which of course kept pissing her off.

Then one of them walked in again, started eating on top of my colonists head as she attempted to sleep, then he walked out...

All the while I was cursing IRL trying to forbid her door at just the right moment when one would leave and another would come back.

It would be awesome if there were more interactions and if we had the ability to forbid visitors from certain areas in our base.

Jimyoda

Quote from: Wolfen Waffle on July 17, 2015, 04:12:47 PM
Then one of them walked in again, started eating on my colonists head as she attempted to sleep, then he walked out...

I pictured a visitor chomping into the sleeping colonist's head! What the hell did I just read? They can't do that. On second read I pictured that the visitor looked around the room, didn't see any table, and plopped a meal down on the colonist's head to eat it (the meal, not the head).
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

A Friend

Hmmm, I think it would be a good mechanic if factions your on very good terms with would have a low chance to send doctors to help you if you seem to be having trouble. The higher the rep, the higher the chance.

Or you could request it yourself via coms with a trade-off, like the military aid one.
Request medical aid.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Mr.Cross

Quote from: A Friend on July 17, 2015, 10:22:45 PM
Hmmm, I think it would be a good mechanic if factions your on very good terms with would have a low chance to send doctors to help you if you seem to be having trouble. The higher the rep, the higher the chance.
mmm, yea although when visitors are there they should after a select amount of time they should do a check to see if any of the colonists are going to rescue them, if not then they should bring them to the hospital bed. They should then check again after a little while to see if any colonists are going to treat the wounded and if not heal them. of course this would only happen if you had a positive relation with said faction.
Claims to know most things.

Tynan

This was hilarious!

That said I find the idea of visitors helping in non-combat ways to be kind of interesting. I think players might really appreciate if they came by and treated some wounds or whatever. Something to think about.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Wolfen Waffle

Quote from: Tynan on July 18, 2015, 01:58:29 AM
This was hilarious!

That said I find the idea of visitors helping in non-combat ways to be kind of interesting. I think players might really appreciate if they came by and treated some wounds or whatever. Something to think about.

Honestly, I would just be satisfied with a way to trade with them...
But all that does sound awesome.

milon

Kelian

I noticed prisoners and visitors also don't use joy items when they are held/visiting...

Wolfen Waffle

Quote from: Kelian on July 19, 2015, 01:55:11 PM
I noticed prisoners and visitors also don't use joy items when they are held/visiting...

If those arseholes even just look at my joy items I'm gunna give them two peg legs and take a kidney

Cimanyd

A10 started with prisoners also needing joy, but Tynan removed it in A10d. I don't mind prisoners not needing joy ("until we get support for proper prison complexes" as that post says, at least), but I love the idea of visitors stopping to throw horseshoes or watch TV with the colonists instead of just wandering around the place doing nothing. They wouldn't need a joy-need bar, just have them use the structures (edit: I didn't mean items) instead of wandering sometimes.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Mr.Cross

So long as those damned visitors don't drink my entire beer supply! Besides how would you counter that? You can't lock the doors I doubt that forbidding the doors or beer would do anything to them... Hell you'd almost have to make a colonist only door! Speaking of which i'm off to the suggestions sub-forum with this one!
Claims to know most things.