Is there a reason for lack of scrolling on bottom edge ?

Started by b0rsuk, July 17, 2015, 11:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

One of the recent alphas, alpha10 or 11 introduced an infuriating change. When the Architect interface is enabled and there are construction/order/zone icons on the bottom of the screen, I can no longer scroll by putting the cursor on the bottom edge of the screen.

You might say "pan the screen by holding right mouse button". But this is not always possible. When I'm placing conduits, turrets or 1x1 wall sections for cover I want to scroll quite a bit. But I can't pan the screen anymore.

Toggle

Use WASD or the arrow keys then. Sorry, I don't have much other help.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Tynan

Hmm. This was to stop accidental scrolling while you select what you want to build. But I see what you mean.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Jimyoda

T, maybe re-enable it with a delay, so that it doesn't immediately pan when using the menus, but then begins to scroll after the delay expires.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Tynan

Quote from: Jimyoda on July 17, 2015, 02:14:21 PM
T, maybe re-enable it with a delay, so that it doesn't immediately pan when using the menus, but then begins to scroll after the delay expires.

That's an idea. Are there other games that do this?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Jimyoda

Quote from: Tynan on July 17, 2015, 02:27:02 PM

No games that I've played, but apparently Total War: Rome II does. If an edge scroll delay were to be added, I hope it wouldn't be hard-coded, rather the player ought to be able to adjust it, including to zero (no delay).
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Play2Jens

Or just an option enable or disable downscrolling all together. Because I don't seem to get used to this new feature

b0rsuk

Was that really a common complaint ? The icons are Duplo-big. It's hard to miss them.

Caminha

Quote from: Tynan on July 17, 2015, 02:27:02 PM

Changing the UI could also help. There's no need to show a miniature of the construction on the menu, if it was text only it would be easier to select them and wouldn't occupy half of the screen if you have a lot of mods.

Toggle

Yeah I'd prefer an option to enable or disable because I hate when games have it scroll down when you're trying to access stuff or move.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.