Temperature in biomes

Started by michal3588, July 17, 2015, 06:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michal3588

How can I change temperature in particular biomes? After checking Defs folder I'm out of ideas which tells a lot about my modding skills :P.
I would love to play on really challenging maps with hardcore temperatures that would force me to plan every move. You can't just randomly pop out of the base for resources when it's 80°C outside :). Or just assume that planet we landed on has very thin atmosphere and temp is dropping from +50°C during day to -80°C during night and you have to carefully plan your every trip outside because if your pawns will be caught by sunset far from base then it's over for them. And imagine that rush to find some wood to build simple shelter and campfire so you can survive first night :).
Soooo... Does someone knows how can I change temperature in biomes :)?

Tynan

Actually the way it works is that the world generates temperatures and rainfalls, then the biome is determined from those.

I'm sad to report, however, that this whole process is hardcoded now. There may be a way to inject changes into the process via DLL but it's not exactly straightforward. Sorry.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog