WIP[A17] Superior Crafting Revived

Started by kaptain_kavern, November 05, 2016, 05:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on June 27, 2017, 11:06:11 PM
You will only have to set a few selected mods BEFORE mine in mod order, for it to use their defs. I will carefully choose them and limit them to just a few. This will be the "Core" mod in itself.  For now it should be Powerless, additional joy objects, Rainbow Fertile fields and Glass&Light.

Totally optional compatibility patches will follow. What I want to achieve is maximal mod compatibility, first. Hence why I intend to have just a few dependencies.
For the optional patches I think about VG and my TropiCKapp Rainforest first

Edit : to be more clear : Hopefully, it will become a very little mod pack (but user will have to manage dependencies by himself) with a lot of optional compatibility patches

If you read Rainbeaus Fertile Field Description it is already compatible / unifying VG's and it's own Terraforming options into one.
Of course there is a lot more stuff in VG than that :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

kaptain_kavern

It was all planned  8)
I was happy when I discovered this. I had choose it anyway because I like how it make materials finite (you can't create dirt/sand/rocks endlessly from the same spot on the map) but let's say it's a good synergy :-D

But as you said there is way more things in VG ;-)

faltonico

Even though i didn't use the original one, I'm glad you are reviving this project, i have never been so comfortable with the "build from thin air to simplify the process" thingy in Rimworld. e.g. building one of the most advanced machines in the current society with just dug out steel and "components" with no specialized machines nor facilities (see solar panels).

If you are willing to look into my ideas, you can go beyond the current method of crafting and make the very own benches to use the materials they are composed with to include some sense of "progression" e.g: you could make, for instance, the manual sawmill need a saw for its construction, you would need to craft said saw first from metal bars (or metal plates) at an anvil.
In the end, the progression would be building all the infrastructure to create your benches and the need to "upgrade" all of them to their more efficient versions.
Makeshift kiln (made from mud brick) => electric smelter (made from bars or metal plates)
Manual sawmill (from wood and a saw) => electric sawmill (from plates and a better version of the saw)
Anvil => fueled smithy => electric smithy

Of course the older versions of the benches should be painstakingly slow to work with, to guarantee the need for an upgrade.

This would obviously mean more xml coding though xD

Regardless if you do pay attention to my nonsense or not, keep the good work! and i hope you can finish this sometime soon.

Robloxsina66

DaemonDeathAngel

I think Kaptain took a LOA, so probably not. Ive considered reviving it myself.

Robloxsina66

kaptain_kavern

Oh I'm still there, been going out and back in with every Alpha ;-D Just got back here for A18 in fact.

This one baby is kinda being worked on but at a very low pace.
2 major problems: I don't have the original author permission and as I'm progressing very low, I need to re-do things with each alphas

Robloxsina66

kaptain_kavern

I started this under A15 :D

I have no deadline in mind, it's kind of a side project, so next iteration will probably be A18

sulusdacor

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: sulusdacor on January 20, 2018, 11:07:22 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xghcz9cia0dxv0i/Superior-Crafting-Revived_b18.7z?dl=0

Is this kaptain's work you are updating, or are you updating the original mod from 5 or 6 (or is that 6 or 7) alphas ago? Or perhaps this is the version that is in HardcoreSK? Just wondering what to look for with this.

sulusdacor

this is the version that is posted in the first message of this topic a17 in the github, updated to b18

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: sulusdacor on January 20, 2018, 04:39:35 PM
this is the version that is posted in the first message of this topic a17 in the github, updated to b18

Thanks. Appreciate the info and the update!

sulusdacor

for anyone interested a "standalone": http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279138912
(update of  the old version to b18 by pesky little rascal)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: sulusdacor on January 24, 2018, 06:39:27 AM
for anyone interested a "standalone": http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279138912
(update of  the old version to b18 by pesky little rascal)

Thanks for the tip, will take a look at that as well!