[A16] RimWorld Revamped - The Transcendence | Complete Overhaul Mod

Started by DaemonDeathAngel, July 21, 2015, 12:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adalah217

Quote from: Hydromancerx on December 28, 2016, 04:04:27 AM
You call that a tech tree? This is a tech tree ...

Caveman 2 Cosmos Tech Tree

That mod was absolutely ridiculous but I loved it back in the day. Never played it into the modern age. Just loved taming animals and making them a part of my religion. Oh and killing neanderthals. That was fun.

DaemonDeathAngel

Well, the thing is, Most of the eras are no where near being finished with research. There is only so much that can be done in the early eras, and even at that, currently there are already over 180 research items.

Even once we get all reasearch for eras that are already finished, it will be expanded upon.

Our main concern right now are customized systems for the UI and pawn behaviour.

You also have to keep in mind, while that tech tree is giant. I have every bit of information, thus far, that will be added to the mod, all in one spreadsheet. Over 27 difference spreadsheets with 500x15 plus lines, over 200,000 lines of information... every single line in that spreadsheet will be added to the game, plus much more.

Right now, my progress is rather slow, as I am working from a laptop on very slow celular data wifi, as I am on vacation in Florida.

I am used to working on my desk top computer with three seperate screen, which makes organization and window switching a much easier task. Once I am back from vacation, I will be streaming production nightly.

Hydromancerx

Quote from: Adalah217 on December 28, 2016, 10:14:50 AM

That mod was absolutely ridiculous but I loved it back in the day. Never played it into the modern age. Just loved taming animals and making them a part of my religion. Oh and killing neanderthals. That was fun.

Thanks! I don't mod it anymore. But I still play a long going play by email game with some of the other creators of the mod. They keep asking me to come back and mod it. But I am a bit rusty now.

Hydromancerx

Quote from: DaemonDeathAngel on December 28, 2016, 10:58:30 AM

Well, the thing is, Most of the eras are no where near being finished with research. There is only so much that can be done in the early eras, and even at that, currently there are already over 180 research items.

Even once we get all reasearch for eras that are already finished, it will be expanded upon.

Our main concern right now are customized systems for the UI and pawn behaviour.

You also have to keep in mind, while that tech tree is giant. I have every bit of information, thus far, that will be added to the mod, all in one spreadsheet. Over 27 difference spreadsheets with 500x15 plus lines, over 200,000 lines of information... every single line in that spreadsheet will be added to the game, plus much more.

Right now, my progress is rather slow, as I am working from a laptop on very slow celular data wifi, as I am on vacation in Florida.

I am used to working on my desk top computer with three seperate screen, which makes organization and window switching a much easier task. Once I am back from vacation, I will be streaming production nightly.

In my own personal games I like to play using self limiting rules. I start out with a tribe of 5 and start them with no clothes or other items. The first eras are ...

0. Australopithecus
1. Homo Habilsis
2. Homo Erectus
3. Homo Sapien / Prehistoric
4. Stone Age
5. Copper Age
6. Bronze Age
7. Iron Age

And so on.

In the Aurtrolopthicus age i only allow for the use of stockpiles and harvesting plants. To advance I wait until you have to name your Tribe. Once named I move onto the next era, Homo Habilis. I can eat meat, make wood clubs, chop trees and kill animals. I advance out of this when I discover Fire. There are a few ways to do this but it has to have the player put out a fire. So this can be from Thunderstorms, Dry Thunderstorms, Molotov Raiders or even Boomalope. Once you get fire you can advance to the Homo Erectus stage, where you can make a fire pit, torches, make tribal clothing, cooked meat and boots, log walls and wooden spears. Hatchets too if you have that mod.

I have not decided the requirement for the translation to Homo Sapien yet. Still working on this new task based system. Before I used hard disasters but I like the goal method better. In prehistoric it allows for graves, trade, animal hoods, figurines, burning corpses in a bonfire, pilla, and simple mining. Also wooden walls and plank floors. Note that all items you obtain through raids or people joining you that are not in your era just save to sell to the traders.

Getting to the Stone Age requires you Tame a Wolf. Once you get a breeding pair you can swap out the wolf pups for a husky pup. Also it unlocks the Rimiska stuff, Tribal Floors, Pottery, Baskets, Fishing Dock, Harpoons, Tents, Pemican, Smoked Meat and Short Bows.

Not sure what to require for the copper age but this is where the game changes. You can grow crops now, research techs now, make mud brick walls, make copper items, domesticate animals like the Ibex, Boars, Auroch, etc. Also use cisterns, irrigation, bridges, mill stone, oven, etc.

As you can see all these would be hard to force on a player to do but make a hell of a fun way to personally play on your own. Which is why i like mods that add content but not force you to play different. So I hope in your mod you might want to take that into consideration.

vgex

I wish you the best with this mod, the work so far is amazing from what I'm reading I intend to try it out for myself.

Hydromancerx

Adalah217

@DaemonDeathAngel, I saw you make a post about disabling particular ThingDefs with research over in the mod help forum. Did you make any headway with it? I'm trying to do the same thing. If, say, I wanted to disable a particular weapon from appearing in the game, I thought I could just use a researchPrerequisite with research that can never be done. But, it appears ThingDefs don't take researchPrerequisite.

Thanks!

DaemonDeathAngel

Honestly, needing some massive help with this project, if I am being honest.

Raccoon

DaemonDeathAngel

Quote from: Raccoon on March 07, 2017, 01:45:43 AM
I can only offer XML Stuff. Sorry

Well, actually, XML would be helpful, considering how many items this adds.

DaemonDeathAngel

Not recently, I have been working on adding to my released mod, and working on a cybernetics mod.