Yes
20 (80%)
No
4 (16%)
Only if... (Leave a comment)
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

VideoMakerGuy

This stems from my idea for a multiplayer element, and I feel like this should of all ready been suggested and if it has been, feel free to take this topic down.

Basically, have it where you can go to the comms console and select, raid the
[insert other faction here] and then the game fades to black, only to fade back in to another map with the enemy colony here. While they go about doing their things the player can send in their colonists, that they might choose to come with them, and have them walk into the world or crash down in pods like any other raider. And what I'm thinking is that you could have it to where the distance between, where your colony is, and where the enemy colony is, determines how long it takes your guys to get their, which in turn, determines how long your colony could be defense-less. Also, I was thinking this could be used as a feature in a theoretical multiplayer where many players spawn into the world after selecting their location and throughout the game the players can raid each other. I also think that raiding would need to be more incentivised. So, have it to where, raiders can steal items and/or materials from stockpiles. which could get players to protect their things and also give players more reason to go raid beside just capturing people. Maybe the faction the player raids will have some gold in their stockpile or something along those lines. Either way, this is a very big feature and if any of these, seem like good ideas, than that works for me.

pigman999999999

ahem gold do you mean *silver*/ curency a guese it just came out becase thats what it is in most games

VideoMakerGuy

Quote from: pigman999999999 on July 21, 2015, 10:15:20 AM
ahem gold do you mean *silver*/ curency a guese it just came out becase thats what it is in most games
No I meant gold because gold is very valuable but the idea works with silver as well.

pigman999999999

maybe good but i think you started a pole

MailletC

I would love to raid someone else's base for a change.

VideoMakerGuy

Toggle

You wouldn't be able to control the speed due to 2 players, meaning you could not pause the game at all, meaning screw that.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

VideoMakerGuy

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on July 24, 2015, 04:00:37 AM
You wouldn't be able to control the speed due to 2 players, meaning you could not pause the game at all, meaning screw that.
Well for one, the idea is for player raids in single player as well, against the ai, and as for raiding in multiplayer you could still run it at speed one and you have to remember both players would be running at speed one so it would still be fair.

tylers2001

00100000 00110001
people who understand binary get me.
(translation "+1")
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

pigman999999999

how i just *face plam* you want a difculty try playing the game on hardmode with imbolized guy and i only have 3 guys with goddam trade ship case the game hates me right then and there welcome to living hell with anly 1 hunting rifle and 1 pistal fighting off waves of 15-20 tirbes and every once in a while pirates and burn all my food down and now they have to eat these tribals for a few days then a ship lands in base this is the game hahahahahahhahahahaahhaahhaahhahahahahahhahahaahahh that is welcome to hell and then i say to hells face i was alredy in hell and then all my guys died they end hahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahha i got you. wel that about hell was just bull shit but i still had fun even tho it was that stiped. i know this has nothing to do with this convoner staion but i still am going to post on everything i read exped on the black screen one case i still have a black screen and my game broken and i want 30$ back.

Bob_Namg

I know my idea for a 3D Rimworld would take a lot of time to hammer out, but a multiplayer Rimworld? Not even sure if it's feasible at all.
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

VideoMakerGuy

Quote from: Bob_Namg on July 28, 2015, 07:51:40 PM
I know my idea for a 3D Rimworld would take a lot of time to hammer out, but a multiplayer Rimworld? Not even sure if it's feasible at all.
How so?

Toggle

Basically look at any of the hundreds of posts about multiplayer that talks about everything here and way more.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

MrWiggles

Quote from: VideoMakerGuy on July 21, 2015, 12:28:10 PM
No I meant gold because gold is very valuable but the idea works with silver as well.
Well, really. Gold or silver should be just worthless. There dozens or hundred of exploited planets, in this universe. There is no materiel resource that is scarce.

VideoMakerGuy

Quote from: MrWiggles on July 30, 2015, 05:25:23 AM
Quote from: VideoMakerGuy on July 21, 2015, 12:28:10 PM
Well, really. Gold or silver should be just worthless. There dozens or hundred of exploited planets, in this universe. There is no materiel resource that is scarce.
You have a point, but of course their is a line to be drawn between realism and game mechanics, and gold and silver being valuable is that line.