Troubles with Job_Drivers

Started by Wivex, July 22, 2015, 07:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wivex

So, I'm making mod for auto using tools from RTFTJ for the corresponding jobs (auto picking them up, using and getting hauled to storage by pawns automatically). And stuck with writing my own Job_driver to do that.
To ease the coding i decided to call for vanilla jobs in my Job_Driver instead or writing my own toils from scratch. The scheme (not full code) for wood cutting with axes:

namespace ToolsForJobs
{
    public class JobDriver_PlantCut_WithTool : JobDriver
    {
        public JobDriver_PlantCut_WithTool() : base() { }

protected override IEnumerable<Toil> MakeNewToils()
        {
            //Pick up Tool
            {
                Toil toilPickupTool = new Toil();
                toilPickupTool.initAction = () =>
                {
                    pawn.jobs.jobQueue.EnqueueLast(new Job(JobDefOf.Equip, closestAvailableTool))
                }
                yield return toilPickupTool;
            }

//Cut Tree
            {
                Toil toilCutTree = new Toil();
                toilCutTree.initAction = () =>
                {
                    pawn.jobs.jobQueue.EnqueueLast(new Job(JobDefOf.CutPlant, closestAvailableTree))
                }
                yield return toilCutTree;
            }

//Return Tool
            {
                Toil toilReturnTool = new Toil();
                toilReturnTool.initAction = () =>
                {
                    pawn.jobs.jobQueue.EnqueueLast(HaulAIUtility.HaulToStorageJob(pawn, pawn.equipment.Primary as Thing))
                }
                yield return toilCutTree;
            }
      }
}

The problem here is that all toils initialize at the same time and checking acting pawn hands (to pick up an axe if pawn doesn't have it equipped and then check hands again to drop it) doesn't work because i can't trace pawn's status and equpment change while toils are executed. Meaning i will get the same pawn.equipment.Primary status in toilPickupTool and toilReturnTool even if it's really changed while Job_driver executes. How can i do that?

Make sure you have the xml defs for the JobDriver and WorkGiver setup for your job (and possibly designators depending on what you're doing).
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Wivex

I sure have and they are working properly, just non important here.

Ok, just making sure it's not an issue of the job priority :)

Checking pawns equipment, that can partly be done as part of setting up the toils (if pawn has tool, don't add fetch toil(s)).

It can also be done in the toil itself.  For this part you will probably need to write the toil from scratch as the pre-fab toils likely won't do exactly what you need or how you need it.

Example of my personal wall smoothing job showing use of pre-fab toils (reserve, goto) and a complete toil only from the base toil class (toilWork): protected override IEnumerable<Toil> MakeNewToils()
{
// Just on the off-chance the rock is on fire...
this.FailOnBurningImmobile( TargetIndex.A );
// Reserve the target
yield return Toils_Reserve.Reserve( TargetIndex.A );
// Go to the target
Toil toilGoto = Toils_Goto.GotoCell( TargetIndex.A, PathEndMode.Touch );
// Fail going to the target if it becomes unreachable
ToilFailConditions.FailOn< Toil >( toilGoto, ( Func< bool > )(() =>
{
if( Reachability.CanReach( pawn, (TargetInfo)TargetLocA, PathEndMode.Touch, Danger.None ) )
return false;
return true;
}));
yield return toilGoto;
// Now the work toil itself
Toil toilWork = new Toil
{
// Continue until done
defaultCompleteMode = ToilCompleteMode.Never,
// When the job starts...
initAction = new Action(() =>
{
// Get the rock resource
mineable = MineUtility.MineableInCell( TargetA.Cell );
// Get this miners speed based on stat
nextMinerStrike = (int)( (double)TicksPerStrike / (double)pawn.GetStatValue( StatDefOf.MiningSpeed, true ) );
minerTicks = 0;
} ),
// The work tick
tickAction = new Action(() =>
{
minerTicks += 1;
if( minerTicks < nextMinerStrike ) return;
// Reset counter, damage rock
minerTicks = 0;
mineable.HitPoints -= DamagePerStrike;
} )
};
// When should we stop?
toilWork.endConditions.Add( ( Func< JobCondition > )(() =>
{
// Go until the rock is fully damaged
if( mineable.HitPoints > 0 ) return JobCondition.Ongoing;
return JobCondition.Succeeded;
} ) );
// Do something when done
toilWork.AddFinishAction( new Action(() =>
{
// Clear the designation at this cell
Common.RemoveDesignationDefOfAt( DataWarehouse.DesignationDefs.SmoothWall, TargetA.Cell );
// Better have associated stone blocks...
string blocksDef = "Blocks" + mineable.def.defName;
ThingDef stoneBlocks = DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed( blocksDef, true );
// Replace the rock with a stone wall
GenSpawn.Spawn( ThingMaker.MakeThing( DataWarehouse.ThingDefs.Wall, stoneBlocks ), TargetA.Cell ).SetFaction( Faction.OfColony );
} ) );
// Some fun sounds while working
ToilEffects.WithSustainer( toilWork, ( Func< SoundDef > )(() =>
{
return DataWarehouse.SoundDefs.Recipe_Sculpt;
} ) );
// Some fun effects while working
ToilEffects.WithEffect( toilWork, "Mine", TargetIndex.A );
yield return toilWork;
// And we're done.
yield break;
}

For your needs, in your action delegates you would put your tool checks in and modify the job status, assign interrupt jobs, abort job on tool loss, etc.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.