Trains

Started by Mechanoid Hivemind, July 22, 2015, 09:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoid Hivemind

Is it possible by any means? I wanna trade with the other groups. Not just with the crazed pirates who drugged some one and now is selling them. The other friends might need food clothing guns, anything really, and in return they send you money or steel or some thing use full.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

lude

theoretically the Stargate code could be used to trade with other people if changed accordingly, is what i read earlier

i like trains

so +1

(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Jaxxa

Quote from: lude on July 22, 2015, 01:04:00 PM
theoretically the Stargate code could be used to trade with other people if changed accordingly, is what i read earlier

i like trains

so +1

In theory you wouldn't even have to change any of the C# code in the Stargate. If you pointed the save file location to the same location on a network share or Dropbox for each installation you could totally send resources to your friends.

That is completely untested and uses the honer system for trades, but it should work.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 23, 2015, 01:29:07 AM
In theory you wouldn't even have to change any of the C# code in the Stargate.

Off topic, but imagine if that sentence is relevant in the SG-1 TV series. Minds would explode, surely.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Mekintos

What if there would be an option to buy with silver some kind of trading upgrade via com console to create train tracks between settlements. The cost of the upgrade would depend on the distance between each of the settlements. .... Just imagine it! that you could build a trainstation and tracks, but I think that's beyond everything.