Just some thoughts on "Floor smoothing speed" for Tynan

Started by Enjoyment, July 23, 2015, 03:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enjoyment

So, the main thing is this: "Fixed floor smoothing speed being determined by mining skill (it's now construction)."
I know, it's been a hot-topic from time to time since like alpha8, but I don't think the solution is absolutely right. Though it's now more logical then it was, I suppose Tynan changed wrong thing. It can be even more logical to change job designator instead of related skills, cuase there isn't much construction in smoothin'. But this is not a big deal - I doubt someone will raise this topic again. So, just IMHO.

And what about plant-cutting/hauling/cleaning? We still have none stats related to this jobs. yeap, it's not a big deal too, but it's painful to me to see there isn't a Godlike janitor or Planetary expert Lumberjack in RimWorld ;)

And the last think - RPG-style stats/skills system? Will it be ever implemented? With all those cool stuff with perks, talants and skills related to each other and main stats, you know... As for me, it could really raise the value of colonists - you could have not just a good doctor, but Good Doctor, skilled in Patient Care (buffs patient mood) and Surgery (+20% to success) with Anesthesia Master (removes 'in pain after surgery' state from patient).
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Toggle

Just some thoughts* I'd correct because this is basically 3 different things.

1. Mining would be swinging a pickaxe at rocks, rough mining to destroy the rocks and ores and clear the area. Smoothing would be careful work to smooth a floor, probably why it's construction since it requires different skills then mining would.

2. Eh.

3. Probably not.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Andy_Dandy

Plantcutting is determined by the farming skill, by the way.

Anyways; I hope floor smoothing could be nerfed abit. Now it gets more beauty and the same walking speed like stone bricked floors.

My modest suggestion for smoothed floors: Increase walk speed to 96 % (Down from 100%) and beauty to +2 per tile (Down from +3). I'd also love to see (if Tynan should be willing to make it even more interesting) floor smoothing required for later being able to lay real flooring from stone bricks or wood.

b0rsuk

Hauling is determined by movement speed! And movement speed is influenced by mood, health, afflictions, bad back, frail, peg leg. And bionic legs.

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: b0rsuk on July 23, 2015, 08:20:54 AM
Hauling is determined by movement speed! And movement speed is influenced by mood, health, afflictions, bad back, frail, peg leg. And bionic legs.

And I guess you could say much of the same is true for cleaning.

A Friend

Quote from: b0rsuk on July 23, 2015, 08:20:54 AM

Wait, I never knew this. How greatly does mood affect movement?
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

JimmyAgnt007

Hmmmm.  I didnt know this either.  I thought it was just their health and such. 

A Friend, sent you a PM btw.

TLHeart

mood affects global work speed. Changes to global work speed range from 30% to 120%.

A happy colonist works faster.

Jimyoda

Quote from: TLHeart on July 23, 2015, 01:07:17 PM
mood affects global work speed. Changes to global work speed range from 30% to 120%.

Correct, global work speed is affected by mood, but also by certain traits.
Trait modifiers are applied first, then the mood modifier is applied.

- Traits
* Industrious: +30%
* Hard Worker: +15%
* Lazy: -15%
* Slothful: -30%
* Neurotic: +15%
* Very neurotic: +30%

- Mood modifier
* When mood is at least 45% the mood modifier is 100%.
* When mood falls below 45% the mood modifier decreases.
* When mood reaches 0% the mood modifier is 75%.

This is all I could find, and based on this, the global work speed should range from 45% to 160%, though you'll likely never see it to those extremes.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

A Friend

Quote from: Jimyoda on July 23, 2015, 08:57:18 PM
Quote from: TLHeart on July 23, 2015, 01:07:17 PM

Correct, global work speed is affected by mood, but also by certain traits.
Trait modifiers are applied first, then the mood modifier is applied.

- Traits
* Industrious: +30%
* Hard Worker: +15%
* Lazy: -15%
* Slothful: -30%
* Neurotic: +15%
* Very neurotic: +30%

- Mood modifier
* When mood is at least 45% the mood modifier is 100%.
* When mood falls below 45% the mood modifier decreases.
* When mood reaches 0% the mood modifier is 75%.

This is all I could find, and based on this, the global work speed should range from 45% to 160%, though you'll likely never see it to those extremes.

Wow, I know how the traits work but thanks for giving the stats for the mood. Time to tone down my organ farm.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"