[WIP] Rimworld Forever

Started by skullywag, May 20, 2015, 12:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dareddevil7

So TTM but more from basic and skullywag edition?

skullywag

Still working on this but have to take some time off as I just kinda had a baby last night...i will be back. :)

I have a boy to play games with when hes older...hey Tynan whats the recommended age for playimg Rimworld ;)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Adamiks

Quote from: skullywag on May 26, 2015, 11:53:53 AM
Still working on this but have to take some time off as I just kinda had a baby last night...i will be back. :)

I have a boy to play games with when hes older...hey Tynan whats the recommended age for playimg Rimworld ;)

Rimworld? Hmm.... Butchering people, harvesting organs, killing raiders (and raiders killing colonists), canibalism, bloodlust trait, murders.... I think that 8-10 years is a good age. I was playing Postal when i was... 10(?).(and i still have emphaty)!

skullywag

Oh and if any kind arty type people drop by and want to contribute. I need medievil armour (a big job) in rimworld style. Its the one thing I have no chance of getting even passable. I cannot do clothes....:(

Adamiks

Quote from: skullywag on May 26, 2015, 12:03:56 PM
Oh and if any kind arty type people drop by and want to contribute. I need medievil armour (a big job) in rimworld style. Its the one thing I have no chance of getting even passable. I cannot do clothes....:(

You can ask Nocturnal about medieval armors (not sure if in vanilla style), link to his topic

You can also ask Shinzy about metal boots (knight-like boots).

deadlydullahan

Actually looking forward to this, really wonder how it'll turn out :) Keep us posted.

eastwood6510

This idea sounds really great. That type of progression in the game would be very gratifying and would extend the average play length of a colony considerably!

thefinn

Just on this, keep in mind the timeframe the player needs to acquire reasonable tech by - the first serious raid.

This was something some other mods did when it came to big tech trees, you'd be like half way through being able to get a research table before a bunch of guys with guns showed up ;)

Looks great so far though, love anything with a good tech tree in it.

Mr.Cross

You know, This is what i've wanted to do when I bought and played rimworld, create a permanent base with death as the only "Get Out" option.
Claims to know most things.

Mechanoid Hivemind

What textures do you need? I could give it a shot, I draw irl but never dabbled in online drawings
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Lonely Rogue

I NEED THIS MOD WITH A BURNING PASSION! I have an idea for how the raid progression would go. Either only animal insanity or wargs in the beginning, then once you have some basic bows, etc. tribes raid you. Once you get into guns and shields etc., pirates are finally allowed to raid you. When you get even farther, mechanoids start to raid you, and the last faction to attack is spacers, or maybe mechs and spacers reversed...
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

DaemonDeathAngel

I didn't realize skullywag was doing this idea already, I just thought of a very similar idea about 8 hours ago and started working on it. Now I feel like I shouldn't finish it...

skullywag

A lot of people have had this idea and tried their take on it, theres nothing saying what you would build would be the same as mine, if you learn something new from it i say carry on and give it a go, trust me at the pace im able to mod at currently you might well be done before me anyway. Having 2 children (1s only a month old) takes up a LOT of your time....as it should. :)

DaemonDeathAngel

Well, true enough. And congrats on the new child.  I am going to continue working on I then. I might have set the bar high for my first mod, but I am learning a lot really fast.