UltimateOverhaulModpack A11D black screen help MAC (resolved)

Started by kapatha, July 24, 2015, 09:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kapatha

Hey, I was using previous build of game and Ultimate mod pack, was flawless. Decided to upgrade yesterday with latest build (game works fine) except when I replace the (ModsConfig.xml) I get a dark screen and nothing loads.

I go back and delete the config file and games loads back fine , I even go look under the mods button and mod pack is there but with a red X ...click on it to have green check ...retry copying .xml file ....dark screen again....  (PS: I have deleted the full game twice and took latest build from Ninefinger early this morning...) just stumped...can't seem to find out why.

thanks everyone
PPS: Mac user

*Edit*
Finally found my problem, A- lack of sleep  B- As a Mac user, right clicking the Rimworld file to show content package to add the MOD files to the MOD folder, do NOT unzip directly in that folder, it creates a new folder under MOD (which is wrong), game starts and cannot find the mods since they are in sub-folder. I just copy pasted the files under MODS folder and it worked.

Note : When launching, wait 5-10 seconds depending on your system, yes screen is black but it loads eventually
Note 2 : I did not copy the folder (Core) in my first attempt

Mac Mini (Late 2012)
2.3ghz i7  / 16 gig ram
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024MB
OSX Yosemite 10.10.4
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here
Jayne
Firefly

kaptain_kavern

Try it with creating a new world and all will be ok, i guess

kapatha

I just did, no changes.  I deleted everything again, all folders, re dowloaded game build....

same issue, like I said, really confused.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here
Jayne
Firefly