Strange boxes around colonists

Started by Anoff, July 24, 2015, 10:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoff

I bought Rimworld about a week ago and had no problems, and i decided to install these mods Edb interface, Crash Landing, Superior Crafting, and Zombie Apocalypse (With the mods enabled in that order). And at first it worked, but the next day this happened.

As you can see, boxes cover around each character, making everything else invisible. This even effects the trees and some plants.

It is like this with all mods enabled and disabled, I have done a complete reinstall and deleted my mods file in LocalLow\Ludeon Studios. This even effects the Alpha 11d update. Anyone know what to do?

Coenmcj

Not just around the characters either, the Items are doing it aswell, as are the cliffs and plants.
It seems that the Silver doesn't affect shadows, while the logs do

This is a strange one, Could we get saves / logs?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Anoff

Well, I guess it fixed itself.

I just went to windowed mode, changed resolution, restarted, then changed it back, I still don't know why it did it. Thanks for the reply though.

Coenmcj

Well, good to see you got it fixed! Now to hope this isn't a recurring bug. :)

Majesc0

I am currently experiencing this bug. I have no mods installed. I have attempted to adjust my resolution. Changed between Windowed and fullscreen and restarted the game multiple times. I have also loaded previous games. Attempted to start new saves. I even created a whole new world and started a game on that map to see if that would fix it. Very annoying graphic bug, makes me not even want to play the game. Please help. Image is included and you can see what I mean if you look at the rocks by Maxwell and Hanyou

http://imgur.com/U0EqCmC

Here is another example from a previous load that did not have this people before. You can really see it when people are by walls.

http://imgur.com/ligHeqS

Coenmcj

Are you up to date with all your drivers?

Shadow-Lunatale

I wonder if somebody has come up with a working solution so far. I've encountered this bug today in Alpha 13 after playing for weeks without any problems. I tried resolution changing, windowed mode, reinstalling the game, a new map and new colony with and without mods, nothing really works and it's that sort of bug that makes the game sort of ugly.
Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:
Apparently, a complete system restart fixed the issue. My best guess would be some sort of interference/glitch in the graphics interface of my machine.
Anyway, it's gone and I'm back on the Rim again.

Coenmcj

Ah rightio, good to see you've got that fixed then. :)
And sorry for being late to the party.