[Mod Idea] Nomads

Started by bechtoldn, July 25, 2015, 04:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bechtoldn

I had this idea for a mod that would allow your colony to be nomadic, basically i was thinking you could choose to move your people from map location to map location. Of course you would want to take things with you besides people and weapons so you would start with wearable backpacks that could carry like a stack of one item. Later down the road you could research things like tents and cots that can be packed up and then carried eventually maybe then having muffalo wagons that can carry like 6 stacks of things. Let me know what you think of this idea. 

mokonasakura

Dante King

Not Prepare Carefully, that isn't what he means whatsoever, prepare carefully lets you choose what you bring down into the planet and start with. He's talking about AFTER you crash :/

mokonasakura

Quote from: Dante King on July 25, 2015, 05:36:01 PM
Not Prepare Carefully, that isn't what he means whatsoever, prepare carefully lets you choose what you bring down into the planet and start with. He's talking about AFTER you crash :/
Yes he wants to move his colonists and items he wants to a different part of the map. Prepare carefully can already do that.

A Space Ostrich

Go back and re-read what he said, specifically the part where he mentions from map space to map space. If you still don't get it, go look up the definition of nomad.

Keyzoth

Perhaps what he means is, like the event when someone from other faction offering you searching party that makes you send some colony to join them
but in his case
you're the one who makes the researching party that you:
1. choose the colonist who shall go (in case you want to leave disabled one)
2. choose what resources to bring with
3. back to the world screen and pick new spawn area (with options to change the new map size, starting season etc, or not)
4. Start a new colony from what you done above

In short word, its just like you make a New colony but with the existing colony
without to start over from the zero

*CMIIW

TheSilencedScream

Prepare Carefully CAN simulate it, it just requires a lot of action on your part (you have to change your colonists' skills, equipment, injuries, and supplies manually).

I'm not sure that it's possible to have it done automatically, as I've seen (and made) this same suggestion a few times in the past year or so. It's unfortunate too, as the map becomes kinda dull once you've exploited all the resources and are ready to move on.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

test_account

Wasnt there some mod that allowed you send people and things through a stargate, and then have them pop out of another stargate on another map (which you could use to just delete all the other colonists there, if you so chose, since they were only there to build the first one anyways?)? What happened to that?

Jaxxa

Quote from: test_account on July 27, 2015, 01:12:35 AM
Wasnt there some mod that allowed you send people and things through a stargate, and then have them pop out of another stargate on another map (which you could use to just delete all the other colonists there, if you so chose, since they were only there to build the first one anyways?)? What happened to that?
Still around, link in my signature.
And it can do some of the things that OP is asking about.