Bro Iguana

Started by Alitaria, July 26, 2015, 04:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alitaria

So recently I had an evil ship part drop almost on top of my base. As usual I got my colonists into defensive positions and triggered it.
Then there was an alert to a Mad Animal, namely an Iguana.
This Iguana then began to track the Scyther instead of my colonists so I ignored it expecting it to get killed in around half a second.
Much to my surprise the 2 Scythers completely ignored it and continued to shoot at my colonists while this little Iguana slowly killed them XD

This Iguana is my new favourite colonist, his name is Steve.

-Screenshots-
http://i.imgur.com/PnCNoWB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0zqPdgU.jpg
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

Segrog

Steve sounds like a bad ass.

Jamini

Last night I got a midgame evil ship. Five centipedes and a scyther. Most of my colonists are very, very bad at shooting (I have two folks with decent shooting skills, one of whom at the time was missing a finger on each hand).

Fortunately the ship landed a fair distance from my colony.  I took my two sniper rifles set up a small bunker at maximum range. My colonists took to shifts, trading the guns off whenever someone needed to go rest, eat, or do a joy activity. The whole event took a fair amount of time, but it was safer than trying to rush the ship.

After my colonists managed to shoot up two of the mechaniods, they caused a psychic wave. Which enraged three iguanas and a megascarb nearby. Watching the wildlife assault the mechanoids was fairly humorous, even if I had to fight them in melee after the bots were dead.

I got an AI core and a mini-gun out of the deal. It was ultimately win-win (the core went to replacing a hand of a colonist that drifted a little too close to the charge-rifle wielding scyther. This particular game is an endurance challenge. So I'm not planning on building the ship at all.)

-

The next month Randy sent me a tribe raid, a pirate raid raid, and a sapper attack back-to-back. (The colony made it through)

Trish42

Similar thing happened to me, but it was a boar, was so relieved I can't tell you. My colony was no match for a centipede attack at that moment. Thank you boar :)

FridayBiology

Wargs are awesome if they spawn and you keep them around for awhile.
> use colonist to bait wargs into a closed courtyard.
> keep open a door on for them and then close it behind them.
> if you've an attack, deconstruct door and leg it :3

design of entry door.
WWWWW
Wargs   D O O
WWWWW D W
Freezer D O W
Freezer W W W
Freezer W
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Coenmcj

I've never stuck around on a biome with Iguanas, but Squirrels and rabbits? Vicious!
Tried keeping steve as a pet once he calmed down?

Quote from: Feirfec on August 04, 2015, 09:52:58 PM
Wargs are awesome if they spawn and you keep them around for awhile.
> use colonist to bait wargs into a closed courtyard.
> keep open a door on for them and then close it behind them.
> if you've an attack, deconstruct door and leg it :3

Weaponising wargs into guard dogs ahead of time! Clever, should be a lot easier after the next Alpha. :)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Alitaria

Quote from: Coenmcj on August 05, 2015, 12:25:28 AM
I've never stuck around on a biome with Iguanas, but Squirrels and rabbits? Vicious!
Tried keeping steve as a pet once he calmed down?

Unfortunately Steve got hit by a stray bullet and bled out long before I could pen him up. I did save his body and bury it at a Memorial to him :3
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public