[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's MiningCo (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, July 26, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Devlah on September 14, 2016, 02:54:44 PM
I'm curious as to how one is supposed to install this mod if for example, one purchased the game before it was released on steam.  The download link on the first page leads to the source code on GitHub, and there are no releases to be found there.  Are we supposed to download the source and compile it ourselves?

I was unable to find an explanation elsewhere.  This is a serious question, flamers will be ignored.

Normally in those cases, you click the "clone or download" button, then save it as a zip file. From there it should be the same as any other mod.

SpaceDorf

I only get the full package when I go on git.
So I can understand the complaint.

Follow the subfolders until you find the structure, this is how a normal mod looks, extract this folder for the mod you want :)

Name
- About
- Defs
- Textures
- maybe others ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

BlackSmokeDMax

Went and looked at the github closer. If you look through the initial list of items you will see a release folder. If you go in there, you will see two zip files to choose from, MiningCo.zip and Misc.zip (not full names), so you should be able to get what you need easily enough.

asquirrel

"Went and looked at the github closer. If you look through the initial list of items you will see a release folder. If you go in there, you will see two zip files to choose from, MiningCo.zip and Misc.zip (not full names), so you should be able to get what you need easily enough."

Thanks!  I was lost too. :)

jmababa

nice headgear very useful at start when you can't build lighting systems yet prevents the in darkness mood

Rikiki

Quote from: jmababa on October 10, 2016, 06:34:59 AM
nice headgear very useful at start when you can't build lighting systems yet prevents the in darkness mood
Thanks! :)

kaptain_kavern

Hey rikiki

I saw something on github, recently; that I'm really looking forward to see finished.

Keep it up buddy ! Please ;-)

Rikiki

It is not yet finished but taking good shape. :)

jmababa

how do you build a door on laser fence need it to turn on and off when someone needs to pass through example my pets or my hauler

Canute

Check the pic from the mod, down where Glasses stand, you can place a standard door/autodoor.
Maybe Rikki can create a laser autodoor to fit into.

jeeohlee

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on September 14, 2016, 04:07:29 PM
Went and looked at the github closer. If you look through the initial list of items you will see a release folder. If you go in there, you will see two zip files to choose from, MiningCo.zip and Misc.zip (not full names), so you should be able to get what you need easily enough.
RIKKI!!!!! this NEEDS to be in your first post on both the misc and the m&co thread!!
deal with it...

jmababa

Quote from: Canute on November 07, 2016, 03:03:02 AM
Check the pic from the mod, down where Glasses stand, you can place a standard door/autodoor.

Yea that's what I was hopping for

Rikiki

Quote from: Canute on November 07, 2016, 03:03:02 AM
That's an interresting idea! I will re-consider it for the next version. :)

jmababa

wohooo  :)

Thundercraft

Q: Does the MMS (Mobile mineral sonar) support ores from other mods? I could not find a mention of this (either a yes or no) in the OP or on this page. If not, would you consider adding support?

It should be possible. In addition to it's own Copper and Quartz, cuproPanda's Quarry mod also supports Glowstone and Coldstone (Cupro's Powerless!), Rose Gold (Cupro's Alloys), Coal (Mechanical Defence 2), Copper and Aluminium (Industrialisation), and Silicon and Titanium (Glitter Tech).

Note: There's also MasterDihtung's Ore Pack addon for Industrialization. But Quarry does not support that.