[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's MiningCo (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, July 26, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

I re-uploaded the Mining helmet files. :) Don't know what happened though... ???

Hayhorse

Rikiki

Updated the M&Co. Common for A12.

Added the laser fence mod.
I am waiting for your feedback on this one! :D

skullywag

Ooooooh i like that. I like that a lot. Top notch again Rikiki.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Match

Rikiki

Thanks guys! And don't forget to wear your eyeglasses! 8)

Updated M&Co. Alert speaker to A12.

Xubrim

Laser fence?.. 'eh...

Emergency laser defense grid? Why yes, I think that will do nicely.

I'm not sure if you had it intended that as an alternate use or not, but lasers work splendidly for quickly shutting down hallways or base entrances. One can even get creative and come up with ways to trap manhunters in kill boxes, blocking both entrances with lasers at the flick of a switch from far, far away. It'd be a little more tricky with ranged humanoids, but it's still feasible if you play your cards right.

Cheaty as it sounds, I've loved to see some lasers that could even pass through/over embrasures/sandbags. Also, lasers currently act as walls for the sake of heat transfer. Is there any way to make Rimworld view lasers as nonpassable, but not a wall?

For a fence, four tiles seems a bit too short. Admittedly, the longer you go, the more exploity things can get. I imagine this is why you settled on only four tiles? This is probably a terrible suggestion from a balance perspective, but I sort of hope you increase the distance and, if players want to be cheap little losers (like me), let them. Maybe a mechanic where the energy requirement gets exponentially larger based on how much longer than a set amount of tiles the laser is would balance things a little?

Either way, good stuff. Always happy to have your work in my load order. :)

tsuvekio

Hi,

I find the mods wonrderful, though i have so far failed to use the Mobile Mineral Sonar. More precisely i cannot for some reason have it placed, even though i have done all required research and created all requried components...

I have opened the debug window, and when i try to place it i get "Cannot cast from source type to destination type"..

I have also checked that i have placed the common mod above the MMS, and verified that I have the zipped folder name instead of something else (checked the old forum thread that mentioned something like that).

Verson of RimWorld is 11.857 (did not download 11.877 as it is Mac orriented ,if not mistaken)

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Yiannos

Wildcard82

Rikiki

Quote from: Wildcard82 on August 26, 2015, 08:58:30 AM
^ I am getting the same problem  :(
Alpha 12 is out guys! Go grab your 0.12.906 version! ;)

Rikiki

Quote from: Xubrim on August 25, 2015, 05:31:56 PM
Laser fence?.. 'eh...

Emergency laser defense grid? Why yes, I think that will do nicely.

I'm not sure if you had it intended that as an alternate use or not, but lasers work splendidly for quickly shutting down hallways or base entrances. One can even get creative and come up with ways to trap manhunters in kill boxes, blocking both entrances with lasers at the flick of a switch from far, far away. It'd be a little more tricky with ranged humanoids, but it's still feasible if you play your cards right.

Cheaty as it sounds, I've loved to see some lasers that could even pass through/over embrasures/sandbags. Also, lasers currently act as walls for the sake of heat transfer. Is there any way to make Rimworld view lasers as nonpassable, but not a wall?

For a fence, four tiles seems a bit too short. Admittedly, the longer you go, the more exploity things can get. I imagine this is why you settled on only four tiles? This is probably a terrible suggestion from a balance perspective, but I sort of hope you increase the distance and, if players want to be cheap little losers (like me), let them. Maybe a mechanic where the energy requirement gets exponentially larger based on how much longer than a set amount of tiles the laser is would balance things a little?

Either way, good stuff. Always happy to have your work in my load order. :)

Hi Xubrim and thanks for the feedback! :)

To answer your questions and suggestions:

• I know about the temperature problem. Unfortunately, I don't know another way to block the passage except from spawning a hidden building which leads to create a new room. Use the unroof area and it is solved.
  • For the fence length, you are right, this is to avoid too exploity situation. The "not near water/natural rock" condition is also here to be less exploity. I think increasing the power consumption is not disuasive enough to not take profit of the following exploit. Nothing except the sappers can get through this:

R := natural rock
+ := pylon
= := fence

(rest of the map)

RRR RRR
RRR RRR
RRR RRR
+=====+

(you base in a mountain)

So, I might increase the fence length but not so soon. I still have other projects pending. ;)

Too-DAMN-Much

maybe a second version which blocks the path with !FUN!? :)

skyarkhangel