[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's MiningCo (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, July 26, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdz1122

Chome is blocking the download from your link (maybe the upload site you picked?):

Google Chrome blocks downloads

Chrome automatically blocks harmful downloads that try to cause problems on your computer, like:

Giving you viruses
Leaking your private data
Changing your browser and computer settings
Adding unwanted extensions or toolbars to your browser
Why the download was blocked

Your file download may have been blocked for one of two reasons:

We think it might be a malicious, unwanted, or uncommon file.
Malicious: You tried downloading malware.
Unwanted: You tried downloading a deceptive piece of software. This program, disguised as a helpful download, may actually make unexpected changes to your computer.
Uncommon: You tried downloading an unfamiliar and potentially dangerous piece of software.
We've found that the website you tried to download the file from has been known to distribute malware.

Rikiki

Quote from: rdz1122 on August 27, 2015, 01:35:27 PM
Chome is blocking the download from your link (maybe the upload site you picked?):
We've found that the website you tried to download the file from has been known to distribute malware.
So what? I am one of the most active Rimworld modders. ;) Just trust the community! :)

@skyarkhangel: thanks mate! :D

torgt

That's some bad advice. It doesn't matter if you're one of the most active modders. When the browser is throwing up security notices, one should take notice. Especially when that browser is Firefox or Chrome as both Mozilla and Google are pushing many wonderful changes out to help secure the web. While what you do may be fantastic (and it is), that doesn't mean that the site you're using to distribute your files can't be compromised or affecting your files. I would encourage you to use a different release site, or post sha256/512's of the files so that we can verify what we're getting from a third party matches what you uploaded.

Personally, when I hit a download site that has multiple download buttons (and only one actually gives you the desired file), I assume that it is out to get me. I think that what Chrome doesn't like is that it also kicks you off to an IP based site that doesn't match the cert it's offering. Firefox also complains, just in a different way that doesn't stop the download.

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: torgt on August 27, 2015, 03:31:31 PM
That's some bad advice. It doesn't matter if you're one of the most active modders. When the browser is throwing up security notices, one should take notice. Especially when that browser is Firefox or Chrome as both Mozilla and Google are pushing many wonderful changes out to help secure the web. While what you do may be fantastic (and it is), that doesn't mean that the site you're using to distribute your files can't be compromised or affecting your files. I would encourage you to use a different release site, or post sha256/512's of the files so that we can verify what we're getting from a third party matches what you uploaded.

Personally, when I hit a download site that has multiple download buttons (and only one actually gives you the desired file), I assume that it is out to get me. I think that what Chrome doesn't like is that it also kicks you off to an IP based site that doesn't match the cert it's offering. Firefox also complains, just in a different way that doesn't stop the download.

you really drink deep from the old propaganda cup, don't you?

fact is most sites are blocked because of some trolling kid reporting a site 100+ times because he's throwing a tantrum, a lot of the rest are because big brother dislikes them (hi piratebay :) ), none of what you're told by a web browser on this topic is worth reading unless you're specifically researching into it.

but anyway, back on topic, i will admit, i was a little saddened to hear that the lasers were only barriers instead of cutting lasers, why block a path with something physical and silly when you can block it with instant-vaporization DEATH? :D
could even be a bit of an intricate system, requiring both an emitter and at least one receiver (unless you intend to burn your walls down) to be safe, plus some sort of generator/capacitor to accept energy from your mains, now that has potential for a security system.

i can see it now, outside a psychic drone wailing as the ship touches down, an army of scythers pour out, beacon lights go off when they approach the colony, all the colonists drop what they're doing and hide in either their bedrooms or the panic room knowing that if they're in the hall before the security kicks on they won't survive either.

and now we need a devil emote, not really, but i was tempted to try to find one a few times writing this out :D

Rikiki

Because of the AI again...  ;D A really powerful fence would be cool againt smart pirates but where is the !FUN! if they all walk blindly through the fence to melt down as a camembert under the Provence's sun?
I want my mods to be as much as possible balanced, not OP kids tools. So blocking fences is the most optimal way I found for now. :)

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: Rikiki on August 28, 2015, 07:30:05 PM
Because of the AI again...  ;D A really powerful fence would be cool againt smart pirates but where is the !FUN! if they all walk blindly through the fence to melt down as a camembert under the Provence's sun?
I want my mods to be as much as possible balanced, not OP kids tools. So blocking fences is the most optimal way I found for now. :)

ahh, that makes sense yeah, i hadn't considered how the AI would consider or react to certain areas being dangerous like that to be fair.

Demonlord091

I seem to have run into a bit of a bug. I'm not real sure what to make of it.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Demonlord091

Second screenshot of the list of mods I had loaded at the time.

[attachment deleted due to age]

kremlinkev

I think I am missing something obvious, but how does one make/procure the sonar module to build the actual scanner? I got 5 charged batteries made, but cant seem to find the last widget for assembly.

silentwolf123

Rikiki

Quote from: Demonlord091 on August 31, 2015, 09:08:40 PM
Second screenshot of the list of mods I had loaded at the time.
I believe the EdB Prepare carefully mod must be the last in the mod order. I suspect its position to cause the errors you see.
You should also check the "M&Co. Common" mod folder is exactly named as this. The version extension may cause problems (I am not at home so I can't check the source code... :-\).

Quote from: kremlinkev on September 01, 2015, 11:36:06 AM
I think I am missing something obvious, but how does one make/procure the sonar module to build the actual scanner? I got 5 charged batteries made, but cant seem to find the last widget for assembly.
You can make it at the electronics workbench once the MMS research is done. Do you use the EdB mod order mod? It sometimes messes things up as it slightly modifies the mod folder names...

MultiDavid

Quote from: Rikiki on September 04, 2015, 04:16:36 PM
Updated the M&Co.: Force field mod! :)
Huh rikiki... when you place a force field, is it normal for the whole hud to disappear and not being able to place it ?

Rikiki

Quote from: MultiDavid on September 04, 2015, 09:19:15 PM
Huh rikiki... when you place a force field, is it normal for the whole hud to disappear and not being able to place it ?
Sorry but I don't know what happens to you. ???
Are you sure you are using tha last game version (0.914)?
Could you please reproduce the bug and send me the RimWorld914Win\RimWorld914Win_Data\output_log.txt file so I can investigate the cause of error?
Anyone else having the bug?

MultiDavid

Quote from: Rikiki on September 05, 2015, 07:31:04 AM
Quote from: MultiDavid on September 04, 2015, 09:19:15 PM
Sorry but I don't know what happens to you. ???
Are you sure you are using tha last game version (0.914)?
Could you please reproduce the bug and send me the RimWorld914Win\RimWorld914Win_Data\output_log.txt file so I can investigate the cause of error?
Anyone else having the bug?

Hmmm... perhaps because i decided not to update yet, but still, wierd bug, when i try to place force fields the whole HUD bugs, and the only way to exit is by pressing the . key.