[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's MiningCo (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, July 26, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Hmm, there should not be 2 AI core when deconstructing it... And yes, I have planned the ability to fulfill contracts for M&Co. So deconstructing it will disable these objectives.

If you look into the source code, big outposts are planned :D but I had no time for now to implement it. :-\
Just be patient, I have also other fun projects in mind. ::)

millenium

Quote from: Rikiki on September 13, 2015, 03:36:12 AM
Quote from: millenium on September 12, 2015, 04:49:33 PM
i like the inclusion of the outpost its a little difficult though. had a 12 research hack the communications console got a major failure and i cant claim or deconstruct anything. think there would be a way to deconstruct stuff without having to tell the colonists to attack it.

also keep getting an error getting thrown up after i started a game didnt throw up in main menu:

exception ticking triggerintrustion 10427: system.nullreferenceexception: object reference not set to an instance of an object at Outpostgenerator.triggerintrusion.tick /\ 10x000001 in <filename unknown.:o
verse.log:error (string)
verse.ticklist:tick()
verse.tickmanager:DoSingleTick()
verse.tickmanager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Map:Mapupdate()
Verse.RootMap:Update()
The error you are experiencing is breaking the rest of the capture process... :-\
Normally, you can claim all the outpost after hacking the console. No need to break everything! :D
I have uploaded a new version which should be more robust.
Please report back if the bug persist.

thanks for quick response ill grab that and test with my mods see if anything else may be breaking it.

night32

Hello.

As soon as I load the main screen, I get an error log. I attached a picture of it.

If I ignore the log and try to play anyway, I can click on the laser fences from the security tab, but can't place them. It doesn't even show a shadow version like normal buildings do before you place them. (I have the required materials)

My mod load order is: Core -> M&Co Common -> M&Co Laser Fence -> Edb prepare carefully -> edb mod order

Please tell me what I should or need to do. Thanks.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Rikiki

Quote from: night32 on September 18, 2015, 01:57:00 AM
Hello.

As soon as I load the main screen, I get an error log. I attached a picture of it.

If I ignore the log and try to play anyway, I can click on the laser fences from the security tab, but can't place them. It doesn't even show a shadow version like normal buildings do before you place them. (I have the required materials)

My mod load order is: Core -> M&Co Common -> M&Co Laser Fence -> Edb prepare carefully -> edb mod order

Please tell me what I should or need to do. Thanks.
Please, first test without EdB mod order. I suspect you mis-installed it. ;)

Have you correctly followed the "EdB mods order" install instructions?
It specifies that you should only activate 1)"Core" and 2)"EdB mods order" then close and re-open the mods tab. Then only activate other mods.

night32

Quote from: Rikiki on September 18, 2015, 03:32:54 PM
Please, first test without EdB mod order. I suspect you mis-installed it. ;)

Have you correctly followed the "EdB mods order" install instructions?
It specifies that you should only activate 1)"Core" and 2)"EdB mods order" then close and re-open the mods tab. Then only activate other mods.

I actually was having the error before I read that M&Co should be loaded before prepare carefully; this was before I went and got the mod-order mod so I could place them in the correct order.
I also just tried loading with neither edb mod activated, just core, M&Co common and M&Co Laser Fence (in that order). Still got the same error.

Edit: I decided to delete + freshly reinstall all the mods and now everything works fine. Not sure what happened.

But I do have another question. I'm thinking about downloading your M&Co mineral sonar mod too, so would I have to load that before or after the Laser Fence mod? I know both come after the 'common' mod, but does the order there matter?

T-Wrecks

Heya Rikki, I redid your integrated curcuit texture. I felt that it was on the wrong angle. Here is my finished art for if you would like to use it, although its totally fine if you don't want it.

[attachment deleted due to age]

LustrousWolf

Is there a patch for Industrialization? So that the Mining Sonar picks up aluminium and copper in the mountains?

Nomad

really love these mods cant wait to see the laser weapons

Rikiki

Quote from: LustrousWolf on November 01, 2015, 09:30:15 AM
Is there a patch for Industrialization? So that the Mining Sonar picks up aluminium and copper in the mountains?
Nope but if you can code, it would be easy to add this feature. :)
I try not to be dependant from other's mods so I can update all my mods at my own pace.

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Rikiki on November 02, 2015, 03:57:04 PM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on November 01, 2015, 09:30:15 AM
Nope but if you can code, it would be easy to add this feature. :)
I try not to be dependant from other's mods so I can update all my mods at my own pace.

I did try to do a bit of coding but I am not good at all xD Where and what code do I change to allow copper and aluminium to appear on the miner sonar?

Rikiki

You just need to add the defs you want to scan in Building_MobileMineralSonar.cs (near lines 90-100) after this piece of code:
Code: [Select]
            detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineableSteel"));
            detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineableSilver"));
            detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineableGold"));
            detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineableUranium"));
            detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineablePlasteel"));
            detectedDefList.Add(ThingDefOf.AncientCryptosleepCasket);
... and recompile the dll! Refer to this thread for details about dll compilation.

With more detailed steps...
1) Grab Visual Studio (I use Microsoft Visual C# 2010 express) to open the solution (the "M&Co. MMS.sln" file in the main directory).
2) Download the M&Co. MMS source mod.
3) Perform the code modification detailed above.
4) As the "M&Co. MMS V12.X source" project contains everything you need, open the solution and press F6 to compile.
5) The compiled dll should be located under "M&Co. MMS\MMS\Release\M&Co. MMS.dll". Check the date to be sure this is your freshly compiled version.
6) You must then put this dll in the right folder "M&Co. MMS\MMS\M&Co. MMS\Assemblies".
7) Finally, copy the mod folder "M&Co. MMS\MMS\M&Co. MMS" into your Rimworld mod folder "Rimworld914Win\Mods".
8 ) Start the game with the dev option enabled and check there is no error in the console (this only checks XML errors in general).
9) Start a new colony and use the god mod to instantly build this wonderful enhanced MMS.

Happy modding! ;D

LustrousWolf

detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineableSteel"));
            detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineableSilver"));
            detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineableGold"));
            detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineableUranium"));
            detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineablePlasteel"));
         detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineableCopper"));
         detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineableAluminium"));
            detectedDefList.Add(ThingDefOf.AncientCryptosleepCasket);

I added copper and aluminium, so if I have M&co MMS under Industrialization it will work? Or is it not that simple?

Dramak

Hi!
I'm quite new at modding (and at Rimworld in general) bit I find this very impressive! Love the M&Co corporation and its scripts!
And thanks for sharing the sources, I'll use some in my mod.

polis27

I want to make a hack. I cant figure out how to set the max range to 500.

Rikiki

Quote from: polis27 on November 30, 2015, 12:46:42 PM
I want to make a hack. I cant figure out how to set the max range to 500.
You need to modify the source code and recompile the dll.
There are 2 constants that defines the sonar normal and enhanced ranges.