[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's MiningCo (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, July 26, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theorial

Quote from: Rikiki on April 18, 2016, 12:06:31 PM
Quote from: theorial on April 18, 2016, 06:55:45 AM
I've come across something that [...]
You have surely not used the A13 download link. >:( M&Co. Common mod has been completely removed as its content is mostly part of the vanilla game now. :)
Check the mod's version in the About.xml file or directly in the game's "Mods" menu.

I was using the latest versions, I just didn't need the common part. I removed that and it's been working great so far.

Rikiki

Quote from: theorial on April 19, 2016, 03:21:44 PM
I was using the latest versions, I just didn't need the common part. I removed that and it's been working great so far.
All right then! Enjoy! :D

hwfanatic

I'm not sure if I should report bugs here directly, so please forgive me if I am doing it wrong.

I have come across certain compatibility issues between CCL  v0.13.1 and M&Co. MiningHelmet V13.1

Just having both mods enabled raises the error as described here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16599.msg212265#msg212265
Not sure which mod is "to blame" but at any rate I hope this helps.

V3cta

Quote from: hwfanatic on April 25, 2016, 10:33:37 AM
I'm not sure if I should report bugs here directly, so please forgive me if I am doing it wrong.

I have come across certain compatibility issues between CCL  v0.13.1 and M&Co. MiningHelmet V13.1

Just having both mods enabled raises the error as described here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16599.msg212265#msg212265
Not sure which mod is "to blame" but at any rate I hope this helps.

Got the same problem. Now that I've deactivated M&CO Mining Helmet everything works as it should. The helmet also doesn't glow if CCL is installed.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Rikiki

Apparently, CCL overwrites the vanilla component "Verse.CompGlower" which is used by the mining helmet. It may be due to that? ???

As M&Co. Mining helmet has no dependance to CCL and the error is raised by CCL, it would be better to report it directly to CCL team. :)

Actually, it has nothing to do with CCL.

Many of your mods are lacking a definition of the abstracts they are referencing.  This causes CCL to throw errors due to bad xml.  The comp CCL is replacing is the vanilla comp with a comp which only adds an additional property.

Once I fixed the xml in your mods (multiple mods of yours have these errors), they all worked fine.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Dugalle900

I would love if there was a way to make the M&Co MMS detect minerals from other mods. I have the Industrialisation mod by EatKenny that adds copper and aluminium but I can't detect those with the Sonar  :'(
Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

falcongrey

Quote from: Rikiki on April 25, 2016, 04:04:23 PM
Apparently, CCL overwrites the vanilla component "Verse.CompGlower" which is used by the mining helmet. It may be due to that? ???

As M&Co. Mining helmet has no dependance to CCL and the error is raised by CCL, it would be better to report it directly to CCL team. :)

Actually, on this one, I believe even Tynan has stated in the past that it doesn't matter if you are overriding an existing def or creating a new one, you must define the abstracts you are referencing in the mod even if they are 'part of the vanilla' and it always was intended this way. Without them mods can have unintended 'results' in the game. The fact that some mods have gotten by without them is nice, but the fact still remains for them to be correctly coded they need to be added.

From what I've seen, this isn't just your mods having this issue. There are quite a few out there that have this same problem. CCL simply brings the issues to light more clearly with the way it is written from what I have seen.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Rikiki

That's true. I have already updated and released a new version of my Miscellaneous mods to correct this.
I am updating my M&Co. mods to correct this too! :)

falcongrey

Quote from: Rikiki on May 02, 2016, 05:49:30 PM
That's true. I have already updated and released a new version of my Miscellaneous mods to correct this.
I am updating my M&Co. mods to correct this too! :)

AWESOME! Thanks!

I tried to 'update' the Mining Helmet on my own (and to understand how it all works), but still don't really understand RimWorld coding yet. Will continue to fiddle to understand!  :P I 'did' have it kind of working but decided to wait and be patient for your release! haha!
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Rikiki

Just updated all M&Co. mods (excepted Oupost Generator) to be fully compatible with CCL. :)

mo0504

Quote from: Rikiki on May 09, 2016, 04:36:34 PM
Just updated all M&Co. mods (excepted Oupost Generator) to be fully compatible with CCL. :)

Is the outpost generator for A13 coming as well?

Rikiki

Quote from: mo0504 on May 11, 2016, 09:33:25 AM
Is the outpost generator for A13 coming as well?
Yep, it is in progress but requires a lot of work given my goals! :)
I really cannot provide any release date yet.

mo0504

Quote from: Rikiki on May 11, 2016, 12:45:07 PM
Quote from: mo0504 on May 11, 2016, 09:33:25 AM
Yep, it is in progress but requires a lot of work given my goals! :)
I really cannot provide any release date yet.

Okay... take your time :) ty for the info

Rikiki

M&Co. outpost V13.0 has been released. 8)
I will update the post once I get some spare time.

Please note that this mod is really HUGE so big thanks to report any bug. :)
Creating a new world/colony is mandatory!