[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's MiningCo (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, July 26, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblitus

Mining turret is a cool idea, but you should be desperate to use it. Without efficiency, it is extremely slow and wastes half of the ore, and with it mines somewhere at level 5 miner. Add 3000 research points, plasteel requirement, 1500 W power consumption, 3x3 tile size, mandatory power line... Hey, pirate merchant, how much for a slave with mining passion again?

Rikiki

Quote from: Oblitus on July 19, 2017, 04:12:42 PM
Mining turret is a cool idea, but you should be desperate to use it. Without efficiency, it is extremely slow and wastes half of the ore, and with it mines somewhere at level 5 miner. Add 3000 research points, plasteel requirement, 1500 W power consumption, 3x3 tile size, mandatory power line... Hey, pirate merchant, how much for a slave with mining passion again?
You are right, it still needs some balancing and tweaks. Thanks for your feedback! :D

Oblitus

Quote from: Rikiki on July 19, 2017, 06:20:38 PM
Quote from: Oblitus on July 19, 2017, 04:12:42 PM
You are right, it still needs some balancing and tweaks. Thanks for your feedback! :D
Well, this is what one improved turret can do in one ingame year of non-stop digging:
http://i.imgur.com/YD4oglG.jpg

Canute

Btw. can you add tracks to the mining turret, so it can slowly move/follow ore veins ?

Rikiki

Drill turret has been buffed thanks to your comments:
- optional power,
- can be manned,
- increased range,
- increased drill efficiency
- changed cost.

Quote from: Canute on July 20, 2017, 04:16:46 AM
Btw. can you add tracks to the mining turret, so it can slowly move/follow ore veins ?
It would be really hard to do I think. :-\ I will pass on this. I have other fun projects underway.

Rikiki

Improved spotlight turret performances.
It can now blind hostile target if it is facing the turret.

Note: hostiles with bionic eye/power helmet are also blinded. I am wondering if they should be immune to it. What do you think?

Oblitus

Quote from: Rikiki on August 02, 2017, 05:08:34 PM
Improved spotlight turret performances.
It can now blind hostile target if it is facing the turret.

Note: hostiles with bionic eye/power helmet are also blinded. I am wondering if they should be immune to it. What do you think?
Maybe they should recover instantly when turned from turret. But probably not immune - dynamic range is a thing...

Oblitus

Tried new mining turret. Much better now, but turn speed is now a bottleneck. It spends more than half of time turning around, and manning/powering doesn't seem to have any effect on turn rate.

Rikiki

Quote from: Oblitus on August 05, 2017, 01:17:11 AM
Tried new mining turret. Much better now, but turn speed is now a bottleneck. It spends more than half of time turning around, and manning/powering doesn't seem to have any effect on turn rate.
Thanks for the feedback! :)
Well it is an heavy mining turret, not a battle asset with targetting speed requirements. ;)
So I think I will leave it as it is for now.

Oblitus

Quote from: Rikiki on August 05, 2017, 10:22:16 AM
Quote from: Oblitus on August 05, 2017, 01:17:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback! :)
Well it is an heavy mining turret, not a battle asset with targetting speed requirements. ;)
So I think I will leave it as it is for now.
The problem is in how it chooses target. If you dig a tunnel and set it in center of a planned room, it would rotate at 90 or 180 degrees after each block it digs. Maybe change targeting then, to choose one which would require least turning around?

Rikiki

@Oblitus: you are completely right about turn rate. I buffed it when turret is powered. :)

maculator

This is an more than awsome collection. As soon as I screwed up my current colony I'll go mining!

sirgzu

does the mobile scanner work with 3rd party ores like SPQRim copper and iron veins?

werty112

*sees force field mod* 'How that tiny shield is going to protect us?'

*EDIT* Also I have problem with driller: It can't be operated by colonists
That moment when you get oneshotted from first shot by first raider that had 0.2% acc

Canute

Sure, the force field is much smaller then the ones from ED-Shields.
But thats the adv. too since ED-shield just got 1 shield pool for the complete surface, the force field is segmented, and even can protect you from some other direction while one segment is down.

About driller
QuoteFeatures
Adds a new turret: the drill turret.
- automatically drill nearby ores and natural rocks.
I think automatically means, they can't be manned with colonists.