[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's MiningCo (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, July 26, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Hey mate, you must take into account the gigantic (:o!) number of possible mods configuration.
There are a lot of mods that do simple things (like "I can fix it!") but modify vanilla base functions by the way.
There are simply things I cannot bypass with fixes. I added a test for robustness but that's visibly  a bug I cannot correct on my own.

Please remember it is working fine for most people so please try and identify the culprit mod that is causing incompatibility in your case. :)

Drglord

I understand completely what you are saying and i don't really want to antagonize you in any way since this is an amazing mod and you seem to have put big amounts of time into it. I am just saying that no one will even notice the "error" since it is a white message now ticking all the time unless he opens himself the admin console...
Again good work i am in no way expert in modding i am just saying i found it weird. Did you stopped ships from crashing? Cause as i understand that was the problem?

Drglord

Last run no ships crashed no errors or dust generated. Either i was really lucky or you did it you rascal.... Well done

Ruisuki

Just another question about the ship...do I want this Ship to land inside my mountain base (using up one of the few open air spots) or just outside of it?

Canute

I don't think Mining Co got Phase shield's yet, which would allow them to fly through solid materia.
You need an unroofed area to build the landing pad, and only on landing pad's these ship's will land.
Ofcouse if you use other mod's to create unroofed area deep inside the mountain area, their pilot's are good enough to follow these tunnel down to your base.
But don't forget this will open a spot for pirates/mechanoid to land there will droppods too.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on March 01, 2018, 03:32:26 AM
I don't think Mining Co got Phase shield's yet, which would allow them to fly through solid materia.
You need an unroofed area to build the landing pad, and only on landing pad's these ship's will land.
Ofcouse if you use other mod's to create unroofed area deep inside the mountain area, their pilot's are good enough to follow these tunnel down to your base.
But don't forget this will open a spot for pirates/mechanoid to land there will droppods too.
Its an open air spot. As in, I randomly found a spot with no overhead mt. At first i cursed it for screwing my designs but now i embraced it for trade beacons, centralized climate, power generation, transport pods, orbital hubs, and now the dropship. I hadnt considered the raiders drop pods though damn.

The thing Im wondering if I want this dropship to be inside the open space of my mountain base, or outside of it in the open. Pretty much: Do i need to get my negotiator to the dropship landing area/relay or do they come to my base like guests from hospitality or traders just wandering the map? The company stands in their position for a time waiting?

Canute

You have 2 building.
First a console you can call the various ships.
And the landing pad, the ship land there and you need to trade with the ship.

s44yuritch

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 01, 2018, 04:13:28 AM
Pretty much: Do i need to get my negotiator to the dropship landing area/relay or do they come to my base like guests from hospitality or traders just wandering the map?

First you will need to contact them via the new comms builing (with large rotating antenna) and pay 1k silver. Then the ships will start coming. When a ship lands, you will need your negotiator to walk to the ship and 'trade' with it as if the ship was the caravan trader pawn. The goods you buy will be spawned under the landed ship.

Rikiki

The cargo spaceship can land inside without restriction.
The dispatcher spaceships will not land if there is no way for the troops to reach a map exit point.

Be warned though that an event with pirates attacking from a stolen spaceship is planned... ;D

Ruisuki

Thanks guys now that I know my people have to go to the place Ill make sure its somewhat close to my base

Quote from: Rikiki on March 01, 2018, 10:42:50 AM
The cargo spaceship can land inside without restriction.
The dispatcher spaceships will not land if there is no way for the troops to reach a map exit point.

Be warned though that an event with pirates attacking from a stolen spaceship is planned... ;D
So cooooool....

Ok now im definitely not putting the pad at the heart of my base,

rambo

Rikiki

Quote from: rambo on March 08, 2018, 02:26:30 AM
is their gonna be a combat extended patch for this?
What do you need a patch for? ???
Spaceships don't care about land guns I think?

KiotheCloud

i know this is not the usual questions you get but why not use the actual riki picture (Dota2) rather than timber saw it would fit better with your name and all :D
HALP ME @)@

Rikiki

Quote from: KiotheCloud on March 09, 2018, 09:35:55 AM
i know this is not the usual questions you get but why not use the actual riki picture (Dota2) rather than timber saw it would fit better with your name and all :D
I actually used to play a lot Riki (hence the pseudo given by some friends) but I prefer the 'engineer' look of timbersaw. It better fits all my tinkering with Rimworld. :D

Harry_Dicks