[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's MiningCo (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, July 26, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo

Quote from: Rikiki on March 08, 2018, 12:01:38 PM
Quote from: rambo on March 08, 2018, 02:26:30 AM
is their gonna be a combat extended patch for this?
What do you need a patch for? ???
Spaceships don't care about land guns I think?
like for the air strikes are is it ok?

Mehni

I can confirm having the infinite duststorm bug and as a result of that, the "no pawn in lord" bug in the spaceship mod. Spawning a pawn bugs out, pawn gen gives up, lord remains spawned without a pawn to give its duty.

It's not a bug with the Alienraces framework, or with I Can Fix It. It's a bug with apparel. The offending item, in my case, was the Custom Hood from the Star Wars The Force mod. I suspect there are more conflicting mods, and it's more likely to happen with Alien races as they often add their own apparel. That said, I can find nothing wrong with the xml in the mod that causes the problem and no vanilla pawns suffer from any issues.

Let's talk shop. The Mining Co. mod makes a custom PawnGenerationRequest in MiningCoPawnGenerator.cs, which sets certain parameters. RimWorld then spawns those pawns as naked, and tries to dress them. That, as far as I can tell, is where it goes wrong. Have a stacktrace:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.ApparelProperties.GetInterferingBodyPartGroups (Verse.BodyDef) <0x0003b>
at RimWorld.ApparelUtility.CanWearTogether_Patch (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.ThingDef,Verse.BodyDef) <0x000e9>
at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator/PossibleApparelSet/<AddFreeWarmthAsNeeded>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__2 (RimWorld.ThingStuffPair) <0x00023>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.ThingStuffPair>.RemoveAll (System.Predicate`1<RimWorld.ThingStuffPair>) <0x0006c>
at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator/PossibleApparelSet.AddFreeWarmthAsNeeded (RimWorld.NeededWarmth) <0x00b8f>
at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator.GenerateStartingApparelFor (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x00832>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateGearFor_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x0004a>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x005b9>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x00024>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (Verse.PawnKindDef,RimWorld.Faction) <0x00127>
at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu/<DoListingItems_MapTools>c__AnonStorey34.<>m__0 () <0x00049>
at Verse.DebugTool.DebugToolOnGUI () <0x00072>
at Verse.DebugTools.DebugToolsOnGUI () <0x00020>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x00178>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

I patched the CanWearTogether method to see where it went wrong, and every time I spawned a Mining Co and managed to trigger an error, they were trying to wear a tuque and a Custom Hood together. The issue therefor, is somewhere there. Specifically, trying to get the bodydef there failed. Not when they were trying to put on a jacket or parka, but when they were trying to wear headgear. They, somehow, for reasons completely unclear to me, seem to be missing their head.

Anyway. Since Mining Co. employees get dressed by their generous employer, we can do something to ensure they spawn naked and don't go through the rigmarole of checking every apparel combination and finding out they're missing a head.

In <PawnKindDef Name="MiningCoPawnKindBase" Abstract="True">, add <apparelIgnoreSeasons>true</apparelIgnoreSeasons>. That's it. That solved the problem for me. Downside: they spawn naked when spawned with the dev console. Upside: it works.

Oh, and instead of continuously logging MiningCo. Spaceship: no pawn in lord. wouldn't it be better to throw an error once and disband the lord with lord.lordManager.RemoveLord(lord);? A lord without pawns isn't much of a lord. At the very least, it makes debugging other issues a lot easier.

Ruisuki

alert speaker doesnt seem to be able to be placed next to smooth stone walls
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36687.0

it doesnt register them as walls it seems

Kittamaru

Just wanted to check and see if this was still in active development? It looks awesome - I can't wait to try it with Release 1.0!

Rikiki

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 01, 2018, 07:10:44 PM
alert speaker doesnt seem to be able to be placed next to smooth stone walls
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36687.0

it doesnt register them as walls it seems
Mmh, I suppose you use a mod to smooth walls?
Check its XML def. It should have fillPercent >= 80 percent.

@Kittamaru: most mods are B18-ready. :) All should be updated for V1.0.

ChuckleMan

Basically, after dropping off a team(for 0 silver- guess its the start to the bug), the ship did not zoom off. Instead, it slowly grew in size, and moved to the bottom left of the map. This meant that whenever im looking at the launch pad, the takeoff fog has expanded in size to the whole map, which is pretty awkward. The screenshot shows the fog effect. No idea what caused it, its been stable the month or so I've used the mods.

Other than this though, the mods are great, thank you for the hard work you've put into them!

[attachment deleted due to age]

AnotherFireFox

Want to use this spotlight turret with CE. No turret needed, just spotlight. How?

Ruisuki

hello is there any reason why we should have more than one mining co. ship in our base? I notice there is a 'primary' landing pad but not sure why one would want more than one, does it increase the frequency of drops?

Ruisuki

I get this pink texture whenever I load the game up. it didnt happen at all for months of play until i updated my game from dubs bad hygiene 2.0.1 to 2.2.4 (B18). It happens whenever i construct a spotlight turret....i dont know if it happens with other mining co objects...but it goes away if i downgrade dubs mod or deconstruct the turret so im not sure what the issue is.

https://image.ibb.co/eFuLr8/dubs_pink_textures_AFTER_2_2_4_no_planning.png

Rikiki

Quote from: ChuckleMan on July 22, 2018, 04:32:26 PM
Basically, after dropping off a team(for 0 silver- guess its the start to the bug), the ship did not zoom off. Instead, it slowly grew in size, and moved to the bottom left of the map. This meant that whenever im looking at the launch pad, the takeoff fog has expanded in size to the whole map, which is pretty awkward. The screenshot shows the fog effect. No idea what caused it, its been stable the month or so I've used the mods.

Other than this though, the mods are great, thank you for the hard work you've put into them!
Please make sure you are using the last version of the mod. There was a correction fo pawns sometimes not being wcorrectly generated with mods adding hats.
Have you added new mods since last month?

Quote from: Ruisuki on July 31, 2018, 05:28:16 PM
hello is there any reason why we should have more than one mining co. ship in our base? I notice there is a 'primary' landing pad but not sure why one would want more than one, does it increase the frequency of drops?
In some cases, you could need several landing pads: damaged ship is under reparation and you need some medical assistance for example.
Otherwise, there is no real enefit excepted the look of it.

Quote from: Ruisuki on August 02, 2018, 12:46:08 AM
I get this pink texture whenever I load the game up. it didnt happen at all for months of play until i updated my game from dubs bad hygiene 2.0.1 to 2.2.4 (B18). It happens whenever i construct a spotlight turret....i dont know if it happens with other mining co objects...but it goes away if i downgrade dubs mod or deconstruct the turret so im not sure what the issue is.
https://image.ibb.co/eFuLr8/dubs_pink_textures_AFTER_2_2_4_no_planning.png
Have you tried to start the game until main menu, quit and start again then load your savegame?
I do not see any reason excepted a not well loaded texture. Maybe you have a ton of mods and the game cannot handle any more textures in memory? ???

Quote from: AnotherFireFox on July 23, 2018, 12:23:14 AM
Want to use this spotlight turret with CE. No turret needed, just spotlight. How?
Sorry but I do not understand your question. Can you add some details?

jmababa

Plz update to B19 I miss My sonar even just the MMS so I can find my minerals on the mountainus maps

JustifiableChaos

Hey hey, just wanted to report a bug that's come out of nowhere but wants to stick around now. Like someone else reported a while ago, it appears someone has stolen my MiningCo. MMS and Drill equipment in b19 and replaced them with large purple boxes.

One day they were fine, the next day when I load in, they're gone! The error log spits an excuse about attempting to load resources like the "Effects/ScanRange"s and building textures from different threads than the main thread, but I'm suspecting secret environmental terrorist gremlins trying to thwart my automated strip mining operations! They didn't do a great job, though, because the machines work the same, just with pink boxes instead of visible equipment.

Is there anything I can do on my end to steal my normal equipment back from those gremlins, or do I have to use the pink-box miners for now?

On a serious bug-smashing note, I can try to get the error log messages if you like, when selecting the MMS, the log spams like crazy. The failure to load the textures only occurs on loading the save file, and I have tried to avoid the issue by repeatedly reloading the game in various ways. Those darn gremlins are persistent. (Using B19 MMS and Drill Building available on Steam)

[attachment deleted due to age]
Bugs will fear my face. For I will smash it against them until someone figures out what causes the bug and arms my face with the weapon to kill it... or they smash the bug for me out of pity.

Ruisuki

hm maybe too many mods is the issue. 1.0 64 bit should help in that regard?

Rikiki

MiningCo. Projector, Drill turret and MMS are now updated to V1.0. :)
Any help with the fixed projector texture would be appreciated (located in MiningCo. Projector\Textures\Things\Building\Furniture)! :D

@JustifiableChaos: as said Ruisuki, it might be due to a lack of memory. I never experienced this on my own. ???

Kittamaru

Are the steam versions being updated as well? Just curious :D So far, I only see B18 versions in your workshop :D