[857] Possible edge map exploit

Started by Vas, July 27, 2015, 09:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

I'm pretty sure this is an issue in the default game but considering my game is heavily modded, I was hoping some others could confirm.  I have a large area of the edge of the map blocked off by piles of stone rubble.  I have a large dumping stockpile that only allows rubble along the entire wall 15 blocks thick, and when an ally came walking through, they got stuck on top of one of the blocks and started spamming the debug log with "started 10 jobs in 10 ticks" and random "standable closewalkcellnear" errors.  They were totally stuck there till I opened the debug tools and destroyed some of the nearby rubble for them, after which they ran around between those blocks before disappearing.

It might be possible to use this in other ways by blocking off all the edges of the map completely to break AI.  I don't want rubble to be restricted from the edge of the map, but the AI shouldn't have issues while walking over it.

edit: If no one can reproduce, I'll delete this (unless a mod or admin gets it first) but I'm 99% sure this is base game related, and I can't simply delete the mods in order to test it.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Tynan

Bug makes sense, is solvable, thank you.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Vas

I hope you don't solve by making zones no longer work against the edge.  :P  I like putting my rocks where I can't build.  There was no exploitive strategy there, I just wanted to put them somewhere out of the way.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Tynan

OK I've addressed this, thanks for the info!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog