Sad Stories

Started by Segrog, July 28, 2015, 04:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrred1

My colonist got his brains blown out of his head in a war "accident".

My colonist went berserk and got killed.

Several of my colonists got kidnapped.

What else could possibly go wrong?

Oh, I almost forgot, all my colonists were downed in a centipede battle so there were no doctors to save them!

*Laughs hysterically*
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Robert Bloch ~

Peaches

(I was using the realistic combat mod which adds shrapnel into the game for mortar shells). My night shift of colonists (who were also my best: 1 level 20 in construction, and two level 18's in mining, all above 12 in shooting as well as my doctor) were enjoying a beer and game of pool in the rec room during a siege. A shell came through the roof and exploded on the table they were all surrounding instantly killing them all. The next shell went into my dog kennel killing 5 of my dogs and giving two others  severe brain damage.

Orpheus Phaedru Intero

This in the Crash Landing mod, I had three burn to death. One of my capable colonists was crushed by a segment of the ship. One went berserk and start killing the wounded, and he got to two. One of the wounded starved to death, one bled out. Two were missing at least one limb, and one had no legs. Everyone was then in a poor mood, everyone was forced to share a cave, and food was running low. Nearly half the initial resources that crashed down were burned before it started to rain. There were five animals that went berserk, one of which nearly gutted my cook, the only one who was nearly unscathed from the landing. Also, one survivor I missed was nearly crushed with one of my other colonists in a cave made by a crashed piece. On top of this event, two of my working colonists started pacing and muttering, and were hit over the head a few times by another berserk. I LOVE this game!
This place is killing me. The ceilings are miles of sulfurous rock, and above a dead land with a dead sky. I don't care that I may never come back. I never want back.

Remorium

So I decided to make a new colony, Snowy Outpost... Winter came, one colonist got shot in the brain, the other died to flu, and the other broke and walked out naked before dying of cold... or was it also the flu? I can't remember. But either way it was just one left with the brain dead colonist and decided to call it quits because it was -50 outside with no hydroponics because no work was getting done because of bad events.

DanielHall15

Got the game only on Tuesday and I have since have multiple pets and animals miscarry due to ... let's call it "food mismanagement"...

So my most recent colony made it through their first winter (muffalo miscarried, because we simply ran out of hay and vegetables). I had bought a female husky to accomodate the male husky that had crash-landed with the original colonists, and come spring we had a husky pregnancy.

At that time there were seven colonists, but we really needed new additions because there was way too much work to be done. When a distress call came from an older female herbalist, my people readily invited her and to fight off the pirates on her tail. Too bad I only had four shooters (and two of those were awful) and they came with six guys, two of those armed with grenades. While they ran right up to a defense line with sand bags and turrets, their grenades blew up the turrets, one of which exploded right into the face of Hanyou, the 20-skill artist and the colony's main source of income. He was completely torn to shreds. Jason, the Asperger kid-turned-sniper took bullets to both arms and had to retreat, leaving only Ryu, a crafter/constructor, and Bennett, a short-fused lunatic with no particular skills at all, trying to get back to the second defensive line.

Ryu was downed by bullets into the legs, but by then three pirates were dead. When a fourth one was downed by the turrets of the second line, the other two retreated, but not without grabbing the profusely bleeding Ryu - only for the pirate dragging him to be cut down by turret fire (because Bennett couldn't hit a barn from the inside) just as he was about to get out of range. Bennett barely managed to drag Ryu to the hospital before getting "a mood"...

When my so far uninvolved grower began to clean up the carnage, he found the late-stage pregnant female husky squarely in the middle of it. She had followed her master Jason to the battle (because nobody had been bothered to lock her in the shelter...), and had been cut down, shot in the legs and the nose sliced clean off. Pookie, the male husky, came running out to rescue her (...!) and brought her back to an animal bed.

Jason, Ryu, and Bennett (also slightly wounded) made it, and even the husky made it through ... but of course miscarried.

But hey, the muffalo is late-stage pregnant again. I am just waiting for a lightning strike to set her on fire.
Daniel is incapable of dumb labor, social, and caring. Daniel is abrasive, slothful, prosthophile.

Zajä

Well I guess I'll tell a story. Well in the beginning was kinda neutral. For some reason a wanderer joined my colony, and I found out he was really good at hunting and weapons, (This will be kinda important.) So I made him into a solider and a hunter; however we did not need food for a while, but I guess practice is good and we had space for a few bits of meat. Meanwhile my 3 colonists were working on chopping, mining, building, and crafting etc. Then we finally made a comms console so I tried to find some people that liked us, but like always I'm a dick, so no group likes my colony so whatever, and then 13 days of building, mining, defending off raids, you know regular rimworld stuff, and I was done with the space for the inside farm I was gonna make. While my 2 colonists were finishing the walls. But nothing really happened, but this is when shit hit the fan and my colonists died one, by one. (I had around 9 colonists just say they were captured raiders, and mostly just captured people.) So when it was night, and I assume this is when It was now day 14, and now I really been bite in the asshole for my douche baggery of my respect for other groups, my ass was bit hard. So I got raided, but not by any kinda raid I was getting sieged. So I get my sleepy fucking colonists up and put a gun In there hands, and sent them with the turrets. They fought behind the turrets, and not getting hurt at all. But what made my jaw drop Is i got another siege, but from the back my base, pretty much In a mountain. They digged through It, and bashed right through the inside of my base, and now I had to defend, so I sent 4 of my colonists in my base, to kill off the remaining raiders, and then they all ran off, but they took the life of one of my colonists, and then the fire was going out of control. In burned my kitchen, and then took another life of my colonists when he was trapped, and passed out from a heat stroke and burned to death. Then I have my colonists put out the rest of the fire, patch up the big holes that the raiders made. Then I find another problem, 3 of my colonists were fucking sick, and now 3 of them are In bed one of them is the hunter are best killer In colony was fucking sick. We tried to heal them up while trying to fix the damages that the raiders caused, but I found out that one of my colonists died of the sickness, then one of the colonists left the colony and I had my turrets shoot him, why you ask? BECAUSE HE HAD ONE OF MY BEST WEAPONS. Then happily my damn best solider is better, thanks to one of my colonists efforts that was a doctor, and guess what? He was the one to die fucking next, so right as we were going to start out a day like normal day. But right as It seems normal, guess what? Another fucking raid, and they just shot motors, and killed my doctor from blood loss and head trauma. So we fired back and blow up the damn motor, while killing 4 of the raiders. (Big mistake.) Then they rushed up and destroyed all of my shit, and had only 3 colonists left, one was cook, the other i just got and I was gonna make him a hunter, and that fucking damn hunter and my best solider. So what happened next you ask? Well I grabbed them and put them In my bunker, yes I planned ahead, and I even from some trades and mining trips I got leftover titanium, (Which I got from a mod.)  and I made a bunker for safety reasons, then we had to stay In there, until the cook went psycho and injured my good solider and he was killed, and then he went crazy and killed the last guy, and right after that In a rage filled moron that was my colonist ran into the fire and died.

So that was a sad story from rimworld and now I have to go cry just trying to remember that crap. Don't believe me or not, but Its one of those times where I wish I never played rimworld. But saddly Its so addicting.

not_incline

Made a New colony in RR challenge mode, started pretty good and neat, food is fine buildings, design is very good, but since i like playing the game without being choosy with landing and colonists. I didn't realized that my colonists has only one person who can socialize and caring even the recruit cant freaking care and socialize. So my second raid went bad, randy is an asshole he placed an eclipse event so my turrets cant fire and my "windmill" sucks. My only doctor got bombed inside my house. New colony again.
there was a boy
he likes this specific toy
imagination

not_incline

I had only one doctor, then he was incapacitated on my second raid. He was also the only one who can socialize. Saddest moment, such a good start.  Randy is such an asshole for that eclipse event and mine "windmill" sucks ass.
there was a boy
he likes this specific toy
imagination

Hoat

I once watched a herd of muffalo slowly fall victim to a toxic fallout. Then I ate them.