[solved] Delete items from build list without deleting the item?

Started by Vas, July 28, 2015, 11:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

I can't figure out how to delete an item from the game to make it so you can't build it or see it in your build menus, while leaving it there so people can deconstruct the item to replace it with the new replacement.  I tried deleting "<designationCategory>Misc</designationCategory>" from it, but the game just goes black and breaks completely and screws up big time.  This field doesn't even exist in the Buildings_Natural.xml file, but the game works fine.  So I can't figure out how to remove the item from all build menus without deleting it.  Any ideas?  I wanted to let people gracefully remove the building and such because using a save file fixer would just be annoying here and still cause problems.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

RemingtonRyder

Not sure. It might help to look at the output log to see what error RimWorld is generating which leads to a black screen.

Vas

It's the same black screen I get when I delete an item from the game and it's defname is still in the save file where the item used to be.  I'm not sure why a designation category would do that though.  This is the second time a designation category seems to be the cause of an odd issue.  :P  As if "display this item in this menu" is a huge critical part of the game or something.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

You can try hiding it behind a self-prerequisite research.  In the building, set the researchPrerequisite to "foo" and in the def for "foo" make "foo" a prerequisite of itself.

This will keep the research locker hidden from the research menu and the building hidden from the architect menu.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.