Added Heart Attack / Darkest Dungeon PTSD Trigger

Started by ctgill, July 30, 2015, 05:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctgill

Upon waking I pop open the changelog as I so often do just to see what the forecast holds as it were. What do I see, "Added Heart Attack"

Instantly I get traumatic flashbacks to a game called Darkest Dungeons where you crawl about in the dark so long your people fall over dead from fear, stress, and heart attacks.

Now clearly I'm not expecting someone to be so afraid of a dark corridor within their own colonies base that they just plunk on over into their cushy devilstrand recliner and shuck off this mortal existence. However I do have to wonder if we will see a heart attack influenced by things such as diet. (Simple meals for too long, too much meat not enough veg. Rabbit starvation? Heavy Drinker? Age? ) and if we will be able to recognize the signs of it or if it will merely be a simple incap event.

Perhaps pace makers as a surgery to be purchased from traders.
Bionic heart valves? Where by you can chip away at their tickers inefficiency by replacing them 1 bad valve at a time.
Will all colonists over 50 that wander into your colony come to you now with two bad eyes, dementia, a bad back, a bad heart, and a partridge in a pear tree now?

Just a few thoughts I had upon seeing that. What about you all?
Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land.".

ZestyLemons

I'm going to guess that heart attacks instantly down a colonist or something, with an emphasis on treating it quickly. Probably more likely for colonists over 50, yeah.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

milon

We shouldn't need any fancy replacement valves - just replace the whole heart, valves and all. I'm sure a pirate or two could be... convinced to donate one.

StorymasterQ

I wonder if certain... "joy activities"... could induce heart attacks. *nudge nudge wink wink*
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

A Friend

Quote from: StorymasterQ on July 30, 2015, 09:35:33 PM
I wonder if certain... "joy activities"... could induce heart attacks. *nudge nudge wink wink*

Arguing on the internet?
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

StorymasterQ

Quote from: A Friend on July 30, 2015, 09:44:54 PM
Arguing on the internet?

I'm not sure arguing on the internet can count as a joy activity... Actually no, I think you have a point. I mean, we do have trolls on the net, so maybe.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

Coenmcj

Quote from: StorymasterQ on July 30, 2015, 09:55:29 PM
I'm not sure arguing on the internet can count as a joy activity... Actually no, I think you have a point. I mean, we do have trolls on the net, so maybe.
Aye, trolling can be fun and exciting to some, but I think he was talking about the other joy activities... *nudges harder*
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

StorymasterQ

Quote from: ctgill
Nudging people and winking can induce heart attacks? ;)

Yes, if you nudge them at all the right places :D Also, depends on what you wink with.

Wolfen Waffle

If this becomes a thing I'm giving up on guns & melee and just using OP goblets.

ctgill

Quote from: Wolfen Waffle on July 31, 2015, 06:20:26 PM
If this becomes a thing I'm giving up on guns & melee and just using OP goblets.

Goblets? Nah it's all about that big brute with a lash and shotgun wielding midget for backup.
Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land.".