[Mod Request] steel plant

Started by confusedwings, August 02, 2015, 07:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

confusedwings

hi,

I would love to see a plant (Parsley) to grow steel/metal.
for game ballance it would take a while to grow and drop about 2 - 4 steel.
For the kind of plant: I know parsley has a lot of iron in so maybe that wil work.

i would be happy to see only this (simple) mod... but i guess i'm to simple myself to do it...

for those who would love a extra touch... make the plant only possible with Hydroponic and after a research to 'clone plants with metal/steel).

for those who would love a extra hard touch...next to add the hydroponic and research there is also a option to add a drying rack...
- drying rack: plants have to hang in this rack for a 2 days, stacks of 25.
If a drying rack is add it would be better that a full grown plant give some unusable steel/metal like thing that has to dry before real metal/steel show up that can be used.
- chopping table: this table is to cut all plants for better drying...
The stack of 25 unusable steel/metal stack would be changed in a 15 usable steel/metal after drying.
- temprature: if the drying rack is added, maybe it's possible to add to the game that it only dries whent i'ts 18 to 27 °C.
- humidity: if the stack of 25 is getting wet by rain only 50% of the final steel/metal is left.

(maybe it's possible to use a drying rack for other things...)

If any one is willing to take on the challenge, is it possible to give my name a little place for the idea/texture(s)... that's all i want... nothing more nothing less...

attachment contains a idea for the plant itself and the dried 'chopped' and a small schematic summary.

But i think this will be a other idea that will never see the daylight... or rimlight...

[attachment deleted due to age]

harpo99999

in past alphas there was a mod called growgoods that could grow most of the materials in the game, but it has not been updated to a11/b/d as far as I know

Jaxxa

I have an OmniGel module in my mod that will kind of do the same thing.

You grow the OmniGel plants, harvest them and then you refine them into what you want, with steel being one of the options.

confusedwings

First of all... thx for reacting.
Quote from: Jaxxa on August 02, 2015, 10:41:47 PM
I have an OmniGel module in my mod that will kind of do the same thing.

You grow the OmniGel plants, harvest them and then you refine them into what you want, with steel being one of the options.

could you please post the link to it? maybe i can figure it out myself. I would strip it down to just the metal/steel plant stuff... don't worry i won't post it on the web before asking you.

Jaxxa

Here you go:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6636.0

Should have mentioned that the link was in my Signature.

Let me know if you need a hand figuring something out.