Balancing population

Started by TitaniumTurtle, August 02, 2015, 11:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TitaniumTurtle

So I have determined that this game must decide on the stats for your 4th colonist based on those of your first 3. I started a new game for the latest update and I manage to get all 3 of my colonists to have pretty high over all stats. They were all pretty decently capable of doing everything, except my combat capabilities were a little low. I managed to get my colony up and running fairly quickly and was really just needing that 4th person to randomly show up like they always do, but it seemed to be taking a lot longer than usual. After a couple weeks in game he finally shows up, but is capable of next to nothing. He was a scout as a child and feudal lord as an adult, which basically means all of his stats cancel eachother out. Incapable of dumb labor, intelligent, artistic, creative, caring (and more that I cant remember). Basically though he has great stats for combat and social, and is capable of literally nothing else (except 3 for medicine with no learning ability). It is a very good thing that there is lots of hunting to do, otherwise this dude would be absolutely useless.

muffins

When your colony gets a lot bigger he'll be very useful as a full-time warden, which will keep other colonists free to concentrate on construction/mining/crafting without being interrupted.