Aliens

Started by Mechanoid Hivemind, August 04, 2015, 12:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoid Hivemind

If a group of you get this going i will fly out and thank you all personally! I have been playing alien isolation and wanted my colony to deal with it >:) You could probably pull the codes from crashlanding to make the Sevastopol station fall. It spawns the pawns with random health debuffs. Cuts scrapes burns, and one abnormal one that indicates that, that pawn is infected, Or has been hugged in the face
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Mr.Cross

So far the only reply i've gotten was from shinzy, and he said no.
Claims to know most things.

kexici

i study the zombie apocalipse mod dll and there is soo much usefull thing - its famous :D , if combine some parts of zombie and some parts of ability and alien ant we can build all of we need :)
:D lets do this :)
i start with facehunger and his attack to paws - infect paws with small cute xeno worm :)

Mechanoid Hivemind

SHINZY PLEASE :"( it would make a poor soul smile :( you would be the start of a xenomorph threat to the rimworld community. Destroyer of worlds, killer of colonies, you can play GOD!!!
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Mr.Cross

Haplo said no as well, two no's out of the five people i sent the message too. It's not looking well...

NephilimNexus

I was actually hoping for some friendly aliens, or at least something other than the "Zerg of the Week."  Or neutral aliens.  Or just plain alien aliens.  Examples:

The Nano-blob: A relic from a forgotten war, it spawns on one side of the map and beelines for the other side.  It doesn't communicate.  It consumes everything metallic in it's way (read: steel).  Walls can stop it but it can slide under doors.  It doesn't care about fleshy, biological things, only metal.  It will eat your ores, your doors, your guns left laying out.  Impervious to everything except EMP based weapons.  On the plus side, this thing will actively hunt, devour and generally humiliate any Mechanoids it happens to bump into along the way.

Alien Merchants: They come by and offer to trade obnoxious Glittertech-level goodies in exchange for... weird things, especially Art Objects.  High quality food, natural cotton clothes, and other things that a human tourist would kitch-around for when visiting that quaint, Amish village.

The Greys: These would be the best.  The first warning that Greys are in your area is when a glowing beam sucks up some Muffalo and spits out it's carcass a few hours later.  They only appear at night, and although unarmed they have a ranged psychic Stun attack that can incapacitate characters with easy.  They'll pick a random victim, stun them, and drag them off to their UFO.  They return a day or two later... missing a random organ.

Shapeshifters: Every now and then a random NPC will actually be an alien shapeshifter in disguise.  It could be a visitor from a friendly tribe.  It could be a raider.  It could be that person you just rescued from bounty hunters.  It could be that pod crash survivor.  But at some point, when you're alone in a room with the, they'll change into the true form... a hostile unit with a massive claws and high melee skill.

This happens: New colonist joins with a Research skill of 20.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: NephilimNexus on August 18, 2015, 05:25:49 PM-snippets-

We were talking about Xenomorphs, I'm pretty sure atleast. But that would be pretty cool as well, I'm going to make a xenomorph mod, and a terror bird mod once A12 comes out. But until then I'm trying to find and squish bugs.

StorymasterQ

Will there be face-huggers? WILL THERE BE ALIEN WING-WONG ACTION???
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Mr.Cross

Quote from: StorymasterQ on August 19, 2015, 08:26:50 PM
Will there be face-huggers? WILL THERE BE ALIEN WING-WONG ACTION???

Yes, I was hoping to do something of the sort, If I can get it to happen. So yes I guess in a way there will be Alien Wing-Wong action.

wooddsy

I'm at University at the moment and know C#. If I can help I will.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: wooddsy on August 22, 2015, 09:28:05 AM

I'm at University at the moment and know C#. If I can help I will.
Lurker coming out on my post :D yay!!!
there is still hope!

wooddsy

Is there a repository setup so I can have a look?