remove buildings via mod?

Started by cy-one, August 06, 2015, 05:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cy-one

Heya,

I was wondering if and how it is possible to remove buildings introduced by one mod with another mod.
When mycomputer is repaired, I want to get back into rimworld. With mods like superior crafting, industrialisation, apothecarius and crafted medicine,  there will be quite some overlap and cluttered building menues.

Is there a was to remove tech and buildings with a patch-mod without changing the original mod (so i can update them normally)?

For that you can create your own "post patch" which you would load last and overrides the buildings with your versions.  Then in the patch, set the required research for the building to a research project which has a self prerequisite which will keep the research hidden as well as hide the building.

ie:  Setup a research project "foo" which lists "foo" as a prerequisite of itself.  Then override the building to use "foo" as it's prerequisite research.  The Community Core Library uses this method to allow various features of unlocking and locking buildings and recipes based on multiple research requirements.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.