[1.3] Glass&Lights Last Update: [8/13/21]

Started by jacob814, August 06, 2015, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob814

Ill follow that up. Everything from this mod is researchable, with a small price. Ill put something in the forum description to say otherwise :P
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

SURU

Quote from: Sentry on December 09, 2015, 06:54:35 PM
Quote from: Ungrateful on December 02, 2015, 11:56:36 PM
I seem to have issues with this mod activating? Anyone else?

Yep, to me the mod is loaded but there's no items or wall materials from the mod

Oh come on, read something:
Notes:
- To start using this mod once enabled, you can research the glass and lights.
Research..
Research...
Research!
CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!

jacob814

Quote from: SURU on December 10, 2015, 03:29:29 AM
Quote from: Sentry on December 09, 2015, 06:54:35 PM
Quote from: Ungrateful on December 02, 2015, 11:56:36 PM
I seem to have issues with this mod activating? Anyone else?

Yep, to me the mod is loaded but there's no items or wall materials from the mod

Oh come on, read something:
Notes:
- To start using this mod once enabled, you can research the glass and lights.
Research..
Research...
Research!

:D Ill point out that I added that right after that post. But now it should emphasize to research!
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Entropy147

I had the dev tools on, with all research finished, and still couldn't find the items, I couldn't even spawn in individual glass panes

jacob814

Do you have CCL installed correctly?
Is my mod in the correct mods folder?
Is it initialized?
Are you using the right version of rimworld?
Are you using the right version of my mod?

If all three of those are yes then the mod should be useable. I don't have a very complicated mod that isn't something special. Make sure those presets are right. If nothing above works then try to find help in the rimworld help forums. This is not my mod doing this.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Kaballah

A little suggestion since it would go well with the glass material: a recipe for Molotov cocktails  8)

Gonna do this myself actually but it would depend on your mod (a unit of glass and a bit of steel e: and a bit of cloth I guess) so I wouldn't release it, but I think it would be cool for you to add this.

Kaballah

Added this to Recipes_Glassmelting.xml (and of course a line in Buildings_GlassProduction.xml to add the recipe to the glass bench) and it works:

<RecipeDef>
<defName>MakeMolotovCocktails</defName>
<label>Make Molotov Cocktails</label>
<description>Craft some glass bottles, fill them with fuel and tie rags to them.  For the Motherland!</description>
<jobString>Making Molotov Cocktails.</jobString>
<workAmount>1000</workAmount>
<workSpeedStat>SmeltingSpeed</workSpeedStat>
<effectWorking>Smelt</effectWorking>
<soundWorking>Recipe_Smelt</soundWorking>
<ingredients>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Glass</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>5</count>
</li>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Steel</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>10</count>
</li>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Cloth</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>10</count>
</li>
</ingredients>
<products>
<Weapon_GrenadeMolotov>1</Weapon_GrenadeMolotov>
</products>
<fixedIngredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Glass</li>
<li>Steel</li>
<li>Cloth</li>
</thingDefs>
</fixedIngredientFilter>
<workSkill>Crafting</workSkill>
</RecipeDef>

e: I guess you might want to add a 100 point research topic for this but eh w/e

jacob814

Very good idea. Going to add this idea now. Your code isn't the code to add the recipe but a recipe already in my pack. Anyway, I'll try to figure it out and add it in. If all goes to plan and update in the near future.

Quick question since I don't get statistics on who downloads my mod or any feedback if it is good or not, what do you think of this mod? Obviously, something good if your suggesting this. @Kaballah

My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Kaballah

Quote from: jacob814 on January 08, 2016, 07:51:45 PM
Very good idea. Going to add this idea now. Your code isn't the code to add the recipe but a recipe already in my pack.

That is because I am somewhat retarded and pasted in the wrong thing, it's corrected now.  I think your mod is quite cool and works very well, I like all the alternate lighting (especially the wall light) and you don't go crazy with the scope of the mod, it just adds glass and lights.  I know there's at least a couple of other mods out there that include additional lights but I like the fact that you added a new material as well as research topics required, it's a nice well-rounded mod.

If you want an alternate free file host that will actually show you download count and have no irritating downside that I'm aware of you could try TinyUpload:
http://tinyupload.com/

jacob814

@Kaballah
I was able to make the code myself before you corrected the code you pasted here. It did take me a while because I couldn't for my life figure out how to call a Molotov in the XML file. Finally did though and your code confirmed that.

Thanks for the feedback as well. I do have plans for a few more mods that work together pretty well to make crafting a little bit more difficult with more parts.

Also, before you fixed your code I also updated the download link. Has the recipe added for the Molotov and changed the reinforced glassworks table to require normal glass in the making. To force the player to use normal glass at least once.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Kaballah

Okey doke!  It's a good mod, thanks for publishing it.

Oops, I do have one thing I think you should fix: the job bills to craft glass/reinforced glass cannot be set to "Do until you have X", and I don't think there's any reason they couldn't, I think you probably just inherited code from another workbench that disallows "Do until".

jacob814

@Kaballah

Fixed the bug and updated the link. Should work now. For the love of me I don't know why I didn't notice that before ;)
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Kaballah

timeandtherani

Would anyone be so kind as to please give me an idea of what I should be researching to get access to these items?

Kaballah