[1.3] Glass&Lights Last Update: [8/13/21]

Started by jacob814, August 06, 2015, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob814

Update to 16a.2
-Re-added the glass table
-Bunch of small tweaks.

Up to date with the steam version as of now.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Ruisuki

Quote from: jacob814 on March 07, 2017, 10:13:29 AM
Update to 16a.2
-Bunch of small tweaks.

Safe to just overwrite the folder under mods? (new to this)

Trigon

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 07, 2017, 10:10:37 PM
Update to 16a.2
-Bunch of small tweaks.

You're usually better off deleting the old folder. Overwriting mods with the new version can lead to madness.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Trigon on March 07, 2017, 11:47:23 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on March 07, 2017, 10:10:37 PM
Update to 16a.2
-Bunch of small tweaks.

You're usually better off deleting the old folder. Overwriting mods with the new version can lead to madness.
Doesnt deleting mods mid game corrupt saves or is that only specific mods? Do I need to deactivate before deleting?

Canute

Since the mod name don't change Rimworld don't notice it.
You should allways delete the old folder before you copy/unzip the new one, this is for all mod's not just this one.

BUT when you update a mod which add/change something there is allways a chance to break the colony. If you want be at the safe side, just rename/copy the old folder and when you encounter a problem you can restore it.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on March 08, 2017, 03:01:52 AM
Since the mod name don't change Rimworld don't notice it.
You should allways delete the old folder before you copy/unzip the new one, this is for all mod's not just this one.

BUT when you update a mod which add/change something there is allways a chance to break the colony. If you want be at the safe side, just rename/copy the old folder and when you encounter a problem you can restore it.
Ah so you can always redownload and reinstall an archived version if deleting a mod proved a problem. I'll be sure to do that with the newest version of glass/lights the OP just uploaded thanks.

jacob814

For as far as my knowledge goes, you can delete the old mods folder and install the new one. I have not done anything that would damage your save file but as they said, make sure to do a backup first. By chance something does become corrupt, let me know as I have made a mistake. Thanks.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

kulajoe42

Best mod tbh. Been playin with this mod well before i actually paid for the game. Its just so nice to have the light shine around my base. Very comf. It doesnt get a lot of attention but it has always been my first to get mod. So... thanks

jacob814

And those types of comments keep encouraging me to  update this mod. Thank you.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Tanelorn

Quote from: jacob814 on March 08, 2017, 10:11:17 PM

I enjoy this mod as well. I only wish that a glass mod could allow for the construction of greenhouses. Did you investigate the mod I mentioned earlier that emulates outdoor light getting in, allowing for glass greenhouses without grow lights?

jacob814

Yes and I can say that someday I will be able to do that but I need to know how to program in C# I believe. I am currently in school for coding and that will be one of the next coding language I will learn. Until then, I might learn some on my own time but like most humans, I am busy, and I am lazy.

Not a No, just an extended yes.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Ruisuki

Quote from: Tanelorn on March 09, 2017, 04:36:20 PM
Quote from: jacob814 on March 08, 2017, 10:11:17 PM

I enjoy this mod as well. I only wish that a glass mod could allow for the construction of greenhouses. Did you investigate the mod I mentioned earlier that emulates outdoor light getting in, allowing for glass greenhouses without grow lights?
Wait whats the point of the skylight if it doesn't let light in? Don't the windows in this mod also allow you to open windows or am I thinking of clutter- structures?

Ruisuki

Oh woops! So sorry i had 7 different mod windows open at once and typed in the wrong one. I probably sent the wrong reply to another thread too xD Glad that you are adding sunlight to windows though. The clutter structures mod currently has its own version of it for regular sized windows so I'm sure either of them could provide tips if you need them.

Tanelorn

Quote from: jacob814 on March 09, 2017, 05:20:01 PM
Yes and I can say that someday I will be able to do that but I need to know how to program in C# I believe. I am currently in school for coding and that will be one of the next coding language I will learn. Until then, I might learn some on my own time but like most humans, I am busy, and I am lazy.

Not a No, just an extended yes.

Remember this is a forum and this is the internet. Just contact the author of the mod and ask for advice! We aren't making money so there's not much reason for him not to help you!