[1.3] Glass&Lights Last Update: [8/13/21]

Started by jacob814, August 06, 2015, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob814

Hey everyone, I took your feedback and ideas and I present the small but much-needed update: Medival Glassworks

-Adds a new glassworks worktable that runs off of fuel instead of electricity.
-Makes the glassworks research easier to research by lower tech level colonies.
-The normal glassworks worktable now also takes the electric smelting research to become unlocked.

-The issue with the version has now been fixed. Although not game breaking, a red line of text is never fun.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Canute

jacob814, you arn't active lately but if you working at a A18 version later.
Currently the Glass table are no place to eat.
I replaced all my small tables with 4x glass table and my pawn allways eat from the ground.
As gathering spots they works well.

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on June 16, 2017, 10:39:53 AM
Quote from: jacob814 on August 06, 2015, 10:20:53 AM
Known Bugs/Issues
- The ceiling lights do take up space in the tile. I am working on a fix but it may take some time because it will require coding that I am not familiar with.
If this is still a problem, I think you just need to change <altitudeLayer> in your lamp bases to something different than buildings. MoteOverhead should do the trick I guess
Dubwise Skylight use Weather layer for his skylights.

jacob814

Are you sure you have downloaded the most recent update? Both of these issues have been fixed in the latest steam release and to my knowledge, the latest release here.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Canute

What is the latest ?
the  -Medival Glassworking
or -A17 Update
?
I used the A17 update.
Ok i just see, you named the Medival glasswork as 17.2, then these title Medival glassworking is missunderstanding.
You should name it 17.2 and at the description, add the medival glassworking :-)

And the archiv got a wrong file struction, you got 2 times a folder. One folder should be enough.

gnrmilk

I have some problem. Glass blocks look like monolithic wall but on screenshots these blocks are separated from stone wall and each other with frame (border). Is it by design or bug?
Btw great mod. Thanks.

jacob814

This is because of a change the walls were rendered in A17. I will have to update the texture file to fix this but in the meantime, they have to be like this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Ruisuki

jacob814

My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Ruisuki

Oh my bad, I was going off your last comment in the thread. 18.2 is the latest version? No need to add the beta 18 update file?

jacob814

Thelatest version is the github link. Im not sure what you mean bybeta 18 update file.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Ruisuki

the file below the top one on the githut link(below 18.2) the fact that its named update made me think it was just a patch thats no longer needed. I was getting a mention saying mine was out of date in the mod folder

jacob814

Oh, that was me being lazy at naming the update. The github link will take you to the latest version.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: jacob814 on November 22, 2017, 06:46:27 PM
This is because of a change the walls were rendered in A17. I will have to update the texture file to fix this but in the meantime, they have to be like this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Was this issue ever resolved?

By the way, thanks for a great mod :)

jacob814

The most recent addition added a Japanese translation and a fix for the glass texture.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Ruisuki

hey jacob does your glass mod interact in any way with dubs skylights? He has glass panels for greenhouses