Prisoners with shot to the brain.

Started by Daman453, August 08, 2015, 11:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Cross

Claims to know most things.

TheDirge

brain damage can be cured with a bullet to the face

Elixiar

If I have a long term colonist who gets brain damage I keep them alive in the medical ward, or if I'm far enough I preserve them indefinitely in my cryogenic chamber. I even try to build them a slot on the ship in the hopes one day a glitterworld like Palluma IV will revive them.

If a colonist is under 3 months since joining I consider them expendable.

(I like to role play ok)
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

tommonius

I get that a brain damaged colonist would be mostly useless but to me I just think that in the future their could be technological implant in said persons brain so they could perform simple tasks such as pressing a sequence of buttons or collecting certain targetted supplies.

Perhaps I play to much 40k and I keep thinking of servitors, mind wiped Humans who are programmed to follow instructions and receive implants to help facilitate this process.

Or failing that perhaps we could implant someone else's brain or head on the undamaged body? Hey someone went through the process in real life and an un-shot up body would work wonders for that really useful minion who got shredded in combat.

Thane

My first few Brain damaged colonists in A10 gave me emotional distress. I MADE them FUNCTION! They were turned completely bionic given the best armor and the best beds closest to the food.

Oh how Naïve I was; I could have had a few super soldiers instead of two barely functional cleaning men.
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

Adamiks

It looks that i'm the only one that don't have honor ;d When my favorite guy get killed/brain damaged i just load autosave - simple, but cheatsy (or cheaty, don't look at me like this! Even google translator couldn't help me! Halp!!)

cultist

Just make them your front line soldiers with melee weapons. Let them die with glory instead of wandering helplessly or being euthanized.

Or save up a few and send off a spaceship filled with brain damaged people. I'm sure they'll be fine...

Mr.Cross

Quote from: cultist on August 12, 2015, 08:39:30 AM-Famous last words of Cultist --->I'm sure they'll be fine...-

That is until they some how wake up in their cryptopods and start chewing on some critical ship wiring... Oh hey guys I think I figured out how our colonists got stranded!

BoogieMan

I just wish the brain damage wouldn't have such an incredibly excessive speed penalties. Bad enough brain damage makes it so it can take them a whole day to walk across the room to go eat. It should just disable all but simple tasks (depending on severity) and remove certain personality based job restrictions, allowing them to at least contribute as simple haulers and cleaners.

Since that isn't the case, I usually mod the game to drastically reduce the mood penalty for organ harvesting if the person is so bad off they have to be euthanized and don't use it in any other situations (other than the severe infections anyway) In such a survival situation it's a shame to waste the organs on someone who is essentially already dead - especially when injury and infection can be common.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: BoogieMan on August 12, 2015, 07:56:22 PM-Snippets of the brain damaged-

I think it makes perfect sense, Think about it. Most people with brain damage not only go through huge personality changes (Google Phineas Gage) but most also have to relearn how to do simple tasks like walking and running. not to mention how to talk and other simpler things.

milon

Quote from: Mr.Cross on August 12, 2015, 08:47:25 AM
That is until they some how wake up in their cryptopods and start chewing on some critical ship wiring... Oh hey guys I think I figured out how our colonists got stranded!

Oh my gosh, I LOL'd at that!  ;D

@BoogieMan, it can't be too realistic, and major brain damage should have a major penalty.  I just stick their bed next to a food stock pile and let them clean.  Or put them in a cryptosleep chamber, or a space ship pod.  If I really don't care for them, I lock them in their room, wait a while, and have cannibal deal with the aftermath.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: milon on August 13, 2015, 01:50:19 PM- milon Loling hard at my theory -

My job has been completed, Make at least one person laugh!

Cimm0

They should make the brain have parts, just as hands have fingers and chest area has ribs etc. Different areas control different things in human body.

In real life, brain damage to different areas yields different problems too. Brain plasticity ("rewiring") can overcome some of them in those few good cases with minor damage, especially in young people. But in older people...not so much. And it may take years, even for young people.

Anyway, this is how there could be excessive penalty to one stat but none for others. Or if several parts get hit, big trouble and life as vegetable.

Adamiks

Quote from: Cimm0 on August 13, 2015, 06:54:58 PM
They should make the brain have parts, just as hands have fingers and chest area has ribs etc. Different areas control different things in human body.

In real life, brain damage to different areas yields different problems too. Brain plasticity ("rewiring") can overcome some of them in those few good cases with minor damage, especially in young people. But in older people...not so much. And it may take years, even for young people.

Anyway, this is how there could be excessive penalty to one stat but none for others. Or if several parts get hit, big trouble and life as vegetable.

Nice idea. I think i will make mod for this tomorrow because it's easy to make.

Daman453

I might lock this if people are just going to argue about snipping posts. I am no admin or mod but please stay on topic.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.